OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

TIME TO FIGHT !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TIME TO FIGHT !!!
    Posted: October/12/2007 at 06:41

My Friends,

I have been informed by a friend of mine that, the cost of all ammunition related items to include ammunition itself is going up 40%

This person works in the retail industry, Bass Pro Shops. From what I can gather from this info is that it's TAX related.

If this is true, and I am looking into it, it is a backdoor assault on those of us excersizing our rights, that are now gonna be heavily taxed,

If this is true I ask you all IS IT TIME TO FIGHT???????

Look into this yourselves, and let's keep this current with the findings. The more of us looking into this, the quicker we'll all know the truth.

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2007 at 08:59

Track Gold, Silver, and Copper prices.   There are a couple of things going on.  The Dollar is going down the crapper.  World demand for materials is skyrocketing at the same time. So we are getting caught in a "double whammy." Then there is transportation costs (fuel). 

Gold, a good measure of the buying power of the dollar has gone from around 635 to around 750 an ounce.  Let me rephrase it so it may be clear to some of you. An ounce of Gold just went from 635 to over 750 an ounce, in about 6 weeks!  The other commodites are rising too.  The "HOT" stock is FCX whose focus is metals to China and India, and other metal and mining stocks for just that reason.

The only real answer is stock up while you can.  The cost will be less. 

President Hillary and increasing taxes and fees? Yes, odds are good for that, but that's not the reason stuff has gone up as it has.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Graysteel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graysteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2007 at 09:02

I can't find anything on the web about it directly. I have heard through gun shop owners I know that ammo is going up in general, but I gather that was largely due to the increase cost of metals.

I did find all the normal stuff about Cali trying to add ammo taxes, but I didn't find anything nationwide.

Anyone else?
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2007 at 09:18
The reason I've been getting for the increase in ammo cost and decrease in availability is because some of the federal armories were shut down, and now the major ammo manufacturers are busy devoting a large portion of their capacity to supply the military.  So, there's less supply to the civilian market, which means supply is lower than demand, which means higher prices.  This is in addition to the increased prices of all metals.  An article in the latest issue of Shooting Times about swaging your own .223 bullets from used .22 LR cases mentioned the same thing.  I've seen the effects of this at work, where we're getting top dollar for recycling our scrap metal chips and used up cutting tools (I work in one of the largest machine shops in TX).
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2007 at 11:11

yeah i've been looking into it, It seems that there are some nut jobs out there that are crying that since they can't directly, attack the pro 2nd society that they should tax the pro 2nd society. I've called my friend and informed him accordingly.

Then I was informed that the closings of federal armories was done to facilitate this rise in cost, as the tax route would cause too large of a backlash. So now I'm looking into this, as well.

We really need to get to the bottom of all of this.

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2007 at 11:51
There is this thing called BRAC, Base Re-alignment, and Closing.  It has been about shutting military bases because we will never have another war and need to shift the money into welfare.  They have shut down large parts of the military and that means less stores.  That's why the guard is having to do multiple tours of duty in the sand. 
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Graysteel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graysteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2007 at 15:23

See... now I have to go buy more ammo... darn it...
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2007 at 16:15
Buy it now cuz it ain't getting any cheaper
scubasteve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2007 at 13:33

Old new. Prices rose at the beginning of September. Where have ya'll been? Yes, it is because of the War. Yes, it is because of rising prices in raw materiels. Yes, it is because of increased fuel cost.

The price of metals have been rising since around early 2003. Where as Chiner was producing 300 million tons of steel a year and exporting 200 million, they are now importing steel and other raw materiels. Chiner and India are experiencing a building boom. Just check out wood and concrete nowadays compared to 4 years ago. Same with oil, chemicals, and gas. They bneed these things to drive there economic engines.

Get it while the getting is good. I been buying stuff since early this summer.

ATF should be the name of a convience store, not afederal agency.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic