OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Muzzleloader sight in?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muzzleloader sight in?
    Posted: October/11/2007 at 07:43
What do you all recommend I sight my TC Encore 50 cal. using two 50grain Triple seven Pellets and TC Superglide sabots. I have it currently sighted in at 2-3 inches high at 100yrds. Is that good or should I lower it a little. I would like to be able to hold dead on a deer up to about 130 yrds. What do most of you sight in your muzzleloader at 50 yrds?
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 20:26

I really don't know the first thing about muzzleloaders, other than that they probably cause Global Warming,  ,but your zero sounds about right to me.

I would think that a .50 at muzzleloader velocities would drop fairly rapidly between 100 and 130 yards so I don't think you'd want to lower your 100 yard zero from where it is now. You certainly don't have to worry about overshooting a deer at the distances you mentioned...

craSSh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craSSh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2007 at 20:26

What grain are the superglides? 

I sight in dead on @ 100yds. I shoot 250gr Hornady with 100gr of Triple seven.  When I zeroed  in @ 50yds it was aroud 1 inch low 100yds. 

niles coyote View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niles coyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2008 at 01:30
I zero for 125. That allows me to hold high but still be on the deer at 150 and low for every thing closer. Im using the old black standard sabot from t/c with a .430 XTP 240 grains in a 20" encore 209x50 with 100 grains of loose 777. It yielded a nice 8 point this last season at 63 lazered yards. I hit him about 4 inches high from point of aim.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic