OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New (to me) truck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New (to me) truck
    Posted: October/07/2007 at 18:17

Just got an '05 Ford F-150 yesterday. Not a bad truck. 43,000 miles and 6 cyl.

After owning several Ford trucks over the years, I guess I'll dance with the one who brung me...

Just something to work out of.. Doesn't have to be too nice to do concrete work, you know.

Looked at a couple of the Toyota Tundras. NICE truck, but MAN they are expensive$$$$$.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2007 at 18:43
how you suppose to haul a skid steer without diesel power??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2007 at 19:13

Good luck! 

(still think you should have gotten a harley)

Edited by silver
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 04:26
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

(still think you should have gotten a harley)

Yeah pyro, I won't be pulling a skid steer around with this thing. I get my equipment delivered these days from a rental place. I used to own a 1999 Bobcat 763, but traded it to a guy in exchange for some work he did for me.

I got a pretty good deal on the financing too. 3.9% for 5 years from Ford Motor Credit....

The salesman told me that "if you qualify" you can get the 3.9% deal, but your credit has to be pretty good. I said OK, I think we'll be fine.....  

Yeah silver, I decided to crank my concrete biz back up. I almost went to work for a guy that was going to make me sign a no compete form that would have have kept me from getting back into the game in this area. Glad I didn't sign that.....

I've already got a line on a couple of jobs that I can get into without too much trouble. Probably just be me and 2 guys to start with.

I'll "sub out" the big stuff and make a little there too. 

Todays my first day of work!!   

Back to working for The Warden!!.......

Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 06:13

Nice look truck CT , I had good luck with Ford truck on the farm

Duce

Duce
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 06:36
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Todays my first day of work!!   

Back to working for The Warden!!.......

She sez your burning daylight.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 10:05

Nice truck, Ford vehicles are all I've ever owned.   I like the color too, if you get concrete on it you won't be able to tell.

Congrats on deciding to work for yourself too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 10:16

Thanks all!!

Going to be a lot of hard work, but that's what I really need to be doing.     

The Warden will be my secretary and chief financial officer again....  Yikes!!

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 17:25

Nice truck, Mark. Is that newer rubber?

Your mileage should be pretty good too and the color is good for hiding scratches. I think I'm done with black!

Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 17:55
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Nice truck, Mark. Is that newer rubber?

Your mileage should be pretty good too and the color is good for hiding scratches. I think I'm done with black!

Doug

Thanks Doug.

Yeah, I think the tires are fairly new. I don't do black or dark colors any more.....

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 18:07

Doug, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that particular purchase translate into a little extra job security for you?

Nice truck, Mark!  Best of luck to you in your new job venture.  I hope you make a pile of money!

BTW, I got sued once for supposedly violating a non-compete agreement, even though the new job I had at the time didn't directly compete in the same market segment as the one prior to it who made me sign the non-compete.  They were evidently just trying to make an example of me and intimidate me because their case had no merit whatsoever, nor did they gain anything from it as far as I can tell, because I didn't lose my new job and they didn't get any monetary settlement.  To make matters worse, that company forced me to sign the non-compete as a condition of continued employment after I had already been working there for over a year, had already located to another state, and had bought a house, so I didn't have much of a choice.  It wasn't a fun experience, let me tell you!  This was about 8 years ago, and I still get pi$$ed every time I think about it!

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 18:27

Thank you, Ted. 

Even my competition is going to help me get cranked back up....

One concrete contractor handed me a couple of jobs they had I could start in about a month and another called me up today and handed me another..... All just to help little 'ol me out...

Thanks Boys!!

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 18:33

A used truck doesn't help in that regard but it's still a Ford truck and for that reason I appreciate Marks choice. Toyota is a tough competitor in almost every segment.

Where I'm at we are taking a beating from the Pacific rim. Luckily we offer some internal control over tooling that Ford continues to appreciate. For how long is the question.

The F-150 is a solid performer and can take a lot of hard use. I'm in and F-250 but my next is a 150. The 09 launch is coming around the corner.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 18:45

Doug, I had a white Super Cab 2000 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke that I BEAT like a rented mule.

That one I bought new and drove HARD for over 180,000 miles. I did a lot of concrete demo back then. We would bust out concrete and haul it off, usually in big ass dumpsters, but when the dumpster were full......We put it on the Ford!! 

My buds called her "Big Whitey".

I'm embarrased at the loads of broken concrete we hauled off in that old girl.... 

Here's to you Whitey!!

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 19:43

Good one, Mark. Big Whitey might have been good for hauling concrete but Big Blackie isn't worth a darn for hauling water!

Edited by tahqua
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 21:06
i dont care what anyone says, for a pure hard working beat the hell out of it day in and day out truck the boys with the big blue oval still know how to make em the best in the biz! the super duty f series imo is the epitomy of what a work truck is all about, i myself have always been a ford fan, but always drove a chevy, big foot was my fave ford vehicle in motor sports, and i also liked  bill elliot  and mark martin, but the reason i dont drive a ford myself is that the silverado i drive is more like a car, but its a car with benefits, rides like a car quiet like a car and also tough  like a car so it holds up like a car, ford on the other hand is tough like a truck and quiet like a truck and rides like a truck and holds up like a truck, my boss has a 2000 f-250 with the 7.3 well over 200000 miles on her now and nothing major has gone wrong with it we also have a 2000 f-350 with (sorry doug) the pos v-10 in it i hate the v-10 and its creeping up on 175000 miles and also no issues. so yeah ford builds a damn tough truck.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 21:14
The V-10 has serious drinking issues! But, for a gas engine is damn good if you can afford it's thirst.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 21:25
i would rather pull our skid steer with  the 7.3 to tell you the truth, the old stroke doesnt seem to work near as hard.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2007 at 05:03

Holy Christmas, Doug!!

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2007 at 05:48
That's where the color on your new truck is nice, that dried dirt doesn't show up nearly as much. Good choice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic