OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

news media

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: news media
    Posted: October/07/2007 at 09:23
got to love the news media----local paper shows story by the state game guardians--- "officers to crack down on illegal poaching""   wonder what they are going to do about legal poaching???
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 06:53
Man don't get me started on the Media, damned agenda preaching elitist, gun grabbing anti AMERICAN, put the Military in a bad situation for a story $hi+ heads. Anyone wanna add something I forgot? I'm getting old
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 07:57

don't even get me started, either. -

the media and the new brainwashed college kids, will be the end of this great place.

i told some of my newer 'green' employees the other day, "You wait until you are in the real world for a few years

and tell me if hillary or obama was the right choice" - they just don't get it.  And like most dumbass folks in this
country - they will AAAALLLLLLL get it, when it's too late.

make me sick. makes me scared.

J

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 10:27
Winston Churchil once said (I am paraphrasing, but this should be close):

If you are not a liberal when you are 19, you have no heart.  However, if you are not a conservative when you are forty, you have no brain.

ILya
Graysteel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graysteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 10:49

Personally, I am of terrified of both sides.

I stopped watching the general media when I was in the service, the difference between what I was seeing and what was being reported was too different to be useful.

Last night I turned on Fox news for a bit and it was so painfully spun to increase ratings with conservatives that I had trouble believing that it wouldn't insult even the folks with the same political views. Of course, if you want the other side just flip the radio on to NPR and they are just as bad.

I have a buddy who was an embedded reporter over in the sandbox and he had some interesting things to say.

He mentioned that you can report what you like, but in the end the editors are going to trim and cut until the story fits what the listeners (whatever their political bent) most want to hear. That is what gets the best ratings so that is what brings in the most money. If you tell people news they don't want to hear they don't listen and you don't get advertising dollars. So in the end, we get the story that pays the bills.

I understand we are all human and you can't ever get witnesses to a car accident to agree. It isn't likely you will get any two people to agree on any political issue, but one would hope that the folks charged with recording history would at least make some attempt to stick to the facts and avoid judgments. Instead they sneer and jeer whenever they report on a issue unpopular with their target demographic in order to show solidarity with their viewers.

In the end... I guess we get what we ask for...

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 10:54

Same coin, different sides.

Plus 1 Graysteel!!  

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 11:26

Yep Graysteel IN THE END that's where we ask for it !!!

Ilya, that's a plus 10 from me.  If your name doesn't translate WISE MAN, it should.

Cyborg
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 11:56

well, i am not really happy about any of the candidates on either side.

with the exception of Fred Thompson, and i have my doubts there too.

it's a shame we have to vote for the turd that smells LEAST like a turd, isn't it?

well said, gentlemen.

J

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 12:40

Fred seems to be the most Constitutionally sound choice. Definitely a bull in a china shop kinda guy. I'm pretty sure he'd grab the terrorists by the scrotum hang em upside down and shake em out. I'm a Libertarian so untl a Bruce Willis, Chalton Heston, or Kurt Russell type runs, Freds the man.

Cyborg
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 12:46
I am registered as a libertarian as well, and I am not seeing any viable candidates that really match my values.  Fred Thompson sounds good on paper, but I am worried that the reason why he comes of as a bull in the china shop is general incompetence. above all else.  He was certainly unimpressive in a debate last night.

ILya
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 13:21

Yeah it's really the pits when you have to vote for someone, more as a vote against someone else.

I wonder how many other Libertarians are here.

My biggest issue with my party is their soft stance on terrorism, and the border.

Cyborg
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 17:08

I'm a reg. REP.... but I'm not sure why....... I guess its because I like the DEMs less.  What's the deal with the Libertarians?  I really think we need an option other than the BIG two!

take em!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 17:17

If ya wanna know, where your political views lie take this test.

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

Cyborg
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 18:00

Interesting quiz cyborg.

As for the media, all I can say is get them the hell out of Iraq and let the military do there job without the media twisting every event and then having the congress try to run the military because of some damn liberal news report.  The congress has no business medling with the military, and the media has no business twisting stories just to suit some liberal that has money and owns them.

I am proud I served in the Marines, but I am sure glad I didn't have the congress trying to run it.  Or some liberal newsperson in my face.  I might have done something I regreted.

Conservative all the way.

To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 07:40

well, i took the quiz and it says i am a libertarian..........interesting.

i am a good old southern boy, but not an idiot.  almost always have voted republican.

where can i get more info on libertarians?

and i was flipping channels last night and Ron Paul is the only libertarian candidate?

any ideas about him?  He got some good reviews by several stations. But it seems as
if there isn't a chance in hell for him - even though he's raise as much money as McCain.

this should be a pivotal and interesting election upcoming.

J

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 07:44

nevermind - i found some things on the same site. reading now.

J

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 08:12

ok, libertarian seems to me to be OK, BUT.......

THE defending of civil liberties (ie. pansy-ass lawsuit buzzword) bothers me - YES, there are some civil liberties
that i would defend. BUT........

if there are folks in this country that mean to hurt us, i want to know about them, by almost

any means necessary.  but ACLU and other groups like them are crybabies in my mind.  Do libertarians
support the ACLU?  It's my opinion that these groups dilute the strength of this country. and it's getting worse.

i saw on the news this morning, where a 'woman' was kicked out of a restaurant bathroom for looking exactly like a man.

'she' acted like a man, looked like a man, and talked like man - now if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck............

'she' is suing the restaurant to prove a point.  how on EARTH is this ok?

ideas?

J

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 08:40
Under the Libertarian philosophy, these organizations have the right to exist, but there would be no need for them. These organizations exist mainly to keep things stirred up in order to afford political pandering and thus the misuse of tax payer dollars to buy votes. which would not happen with the Libertarian party.Smaller Government, more local and personal responsibility.

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 09:07

I might also add, I am not a fan of Ron Paul, he's too weak on terrorism. He doesn't have a clue as to how we should fight Global Economy.

Fred Thompson is a Republican but he's rather libertarian in his views, the better choice in my opinion. Make no mistake if your Libertarian, you are far right wing in your views, more so than the Republicans. Read up on Walter Williams views, and quotes, I have great admiration for this man.  

Cyborg
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 11:39

thanks cyborg - will do.

J

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic