OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The green pickle bucket.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The green pickle bucket.
    Posted: October/03/2007 at 12:15

Here it was the opening day of rifle season in the great state of Georgia. It was cold for the given time of year, and the bucks were chasin the does, PERFECT right ?

Not quite so. I'll explain.

My huntin buddies God love em, someone has to I suppose, decided that we should go and eat out, and then head on down to cowboy bills in Milledgeville, for the customary nightcap.

After much protest and quite a bit of convincing I reluctantly agreed to eat at this Mexican restaurant, as Mexican and me just don't get along to well. (GAS) They assured me I could get a burger and be OK.

Yep I ordered the burger, what I got was Tortacochanga meat between 2 buns atleast it had cheese (American) as requested.

Yeah I ate it, I was gonna have to pay for it right, Might as well eat it.

Off to the bar, I had 3 draft beers, Not quite sure but they reminded me of the Red White & Blue beer I used to sneak from my Dad when I was a kid. Good sense shoulda kicked in right there, but the taste brought back found memories of youth, so I had a couple more.

It's 2:30 am just getting into bed, alarm set for 5:00 am, I close my eyes and the alarm goes off, What ?

Understand there's 6 of us and 1 toilet, mexican dinner, beer, not much sleep if you add these things up they equal a line at the crapper.

So I skipped the morning constitutional, hoping that i would get a kill early before everything kicked in.

Well about daybreak I,m hearin critters sneakin around in the thicket b'neath the home-made wooden ladder stand, I'm straining my eyeballs trying to see down in the thickstuff, I can't see anything when all of a sudden, the Mexican / cheap beer recipe starts to goin to work.

I'm sittin on this green pickle bucket that my buddies wife (waffle house waitress) got for me, I sure do love that woman, she's as sweet as they get, course I don't have ta live with her.

But I figure that I can ease it out, If I have an accident I'll just have ta marinade for a little while.

you remember the desks in school that you could play the drums on, loud Huh ? Great accoustics. Well the same can be said of the pickle bucket. BRRRRAAAAPPPPLLLLLMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWFFFFFFFFFBBBRRAAAPP PPPPP.

Previously it had been virtually silent cept for the critters stirrin round neath me, Next thing i know White Flags In every coceivable direction, all sorts of blowing and snortin, then only silence, and a terrible odor. Whilst i sat there still holdin my guts, pondering results and lamenting the prior evenings events, I heard gun shots,

You guessed it 3 of my buddies shot deer, They were all running shots. Imagine that. one of my Buddies Tim who was only 125 yrds from me said he had heard the strangest buck grunt, just before one of the deer came running in on him.      

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 12:41
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Previously it had been virtually silent cept for the critters stirrin round neath me, Next thing i know White Flags In every coceivable direction, all sorts of blowing and snortin, then only silence, and a terrible odor. Whilst i sat there still holdin my guts, pondering results and lamenting the prior evenings events, I heard gun shots,

I can't quite laughing...........

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 13:12

Marge !!! youve changed your avatar again ?

i'm glad you found that story funny, I still just shake my head when I think about it, I figured it might get a laugh or two, God knows my hunting buddies never let it rest.

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 13:19
I'm still kinda partial to Mike and the Armadillo, I needed a good laugh today, so i read it again.

Cyborg
scubasteve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2007 at 20:20
More info needed. Type/brand of wiping materiel? Wiping technique? Number of wipes? What happened to the green pickle bucket after the event?
ATF should be the name of a convience store, not afederal agency.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 07:50
A sock, From taint to tailbone, quite a few, and never used again. Anyone want a slightly used green bucket ?

Cyborg
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 08:00
I didn't catch this one before..................hilarious!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 15:49
Funny story, cyborg, complete with sound effects! 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2007 at 16:58
Thanks Guys, I enjoy tellin it alot more than living it, that was a rough day.

Cyborg
Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2007 at 13:39
Really funny!  That's exactly why some people used to refer to chamber pots as "Thunder jugs"!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2007 at 13:46

Originally posted by Longhunter Longhunter wrote:

Really funny!  That's exactly why some people used to refer to chamber pots as "Thunder jugs"!

Thunder Jugs !!! OH MY GOD That's hilarious.

Cyborg
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 21:25
LMMFAO I just this damn thats funny Sh!t literally  HA HA HA Roll on Floor Laughing
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 12:07
I thought this thread had been locked and hidden away.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 12:43
  I think OT's POSSESSED today.  Shocked
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 12:46
TWILIGHTISH
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 16:40
Nope it's still here. Yeah seems a few of the posts were lost though.

Cyborg
Summer@SWFA View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summer@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2012 at 14:52
Somehow I came across this...
In a way I found it to be of uterly disgusting and the other half hilarious.

Maybe that will teach you a lesson about mixing mexican food and cheap beer.

Cheers

Shelley@SWFA View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley@SWFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2012 at 15:03
you must not be from Texas! Mexican food and beer are our favorite!

funny story! 
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2012 at 15:09
Originally posted by Summer@SWFA Summer@SWFA wrote:

Somehow I came across this...
In a way I found it to be of uterly disgusting and the other half hilarious.

Maybe that will teach you a lesson about mixing mexican food and cheap beer.

Cheers

You do not tarnish the story that is the green pickle bucket and not pay for it..... be afraid, be very afriad.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2012 at 15:56
I sure miss not having Billy around! 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic