OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thieves !!! I hate ’em

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thieves !!! I hate ’em
    Posted: October/03/2007 at 07:23

I knew I shoulda stayed home yesterday, Thank God for Insurance. Gone are all of my tacticals, and two pistols, three shotguns.

I am glad my huntin rifles were in my truck, else it would be worse. Thieves have rights ? What about my rights ? What was taken from me represents a portion of my life that was spent earning the funds to own such, I am damn right PISSED. Thieves should lose their rights just as soon as they infringe upon the rights of others. KILL KILL KILL !!!

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 08:01

Sorry to hear about your guns, I'm with you on how we should deal with them.  Just be glad your guns weren't stolen here in Ontario otherwise you would probably be charged with improper storage.

Hope the insurance comes through for you.

God save the Empire!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 08:16
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

I knew I shoulda stayed home yesterday, Thank God for Insurance. Gone are all of my tacticals, and two pistols, three shotguns.

I am glad my huntin rifles were in my truck, else it would be worse. Thieves have rights ? What about my rights ? What was taken from me represents a portion of my life that was spent earning the funds to own such, I am damn right PISSED. Thieves should lose their rights just as soon as they infringe upon the rights of others. KILL KILL KILL !!!

DAMN MAN,Sorry to hear about that.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 08:17

Thanks there Dogger

I'm sure the Insurance is no problem, don't know if I'll get the full worth or not, the b@st@rds ruined my gun cabinet which was locked, and custom made at that. It's gonna be a long recovery period most of the money will go for my autistic son. No big deal I was gonna have to sell somethings anyways, it just chaps my scrotum more than anything else. Damned liberals and their thieves rights B.S. you can afford it they can't so it evens out That's CRAP.   

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 08:17
Thanks there Bigdaddy.

Cyborg
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 08:28

I'm VERY saddened by that news......

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 08:31

Thanks there Cheaptrick,

I hope no one else has to wade through this dung pile.  

Cyborg
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 08:55
Hey, cyborg, I know exactly how pi$$ed and violated you feel, and I share your anger and frustration.  I've had some stereo equipment and tools stolen a couple times, but never any of my guns.  Few things are worse than a thief!  I hope somehow you are able to recover your stuff.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 09:26

THANKS Rifle dude,

It's my thoughts that we're all family here on the OT, We may disagree, but we respect each other, we're all on the same team.

"We may fight amongst ourselves, but those ousiders best leave us alone" (CHARLIE DANIELS)

Cyborg
Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 10:24
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Thanks there Dogger

I'm sure the Insurance is no problem, don't know if I'll get the full worth or not, the b@st@rds ruined my gun cabinet which was locked, and custom made at that. It's gonna be a long recovery period most of the money will go for my autistic son. No big deal I was gonna have to sell somethings anyways, it just chaps my scrotum more than anything else. Damned liberals and their thieves rights B.S. you can afford it they can't so it evens out That's CRAP.   

Cyborg I'm sorry to read this bad news this morning. I know EXACTLY how you feel. For my 18th birthday many moons ago my father bought me a brand new Remington 11-87 the first year the gun debuted. At the time I didn't have a gun safe at my parents house, I just kept my guns in the original boxes in the closet or on the gun rack in my bedroom. Sure enough a guy I went to school with who I thought was my friend, broke into our house & stole the gun about 2 weeks after I got it for my birthday. That bastard was absent from school that day, I know because I had a math class with him & he was the only person at school that knew I got the gun for my birthday & where I kept it on the wall in my bedroom. My neighbor saw a kid peering into my bedroom window that same day & he described him down to a T. The police interviewd him but said we had no concrete evidence he stole the gun. So I know how you feel. When someone breaks into your home you feel violated & feels like you've been raped.

Just so you know, what you send around eventually comes back to you. I never recovered the gun that guy stole but his ass ended up serving about 12 years in prison on a drug charge. Whoever stole your stuff, they will eventually get whats coming to them. I hope you find out who it is so you can prosecute their asses. Home burglaries of personal items like this make me angry because I've been a victim of it myself!

I've learned that if you have nice firearms & expensive scopes its really best to have a gun vault. I know the custom wood cabinets look great in homes, but people are so bad these days a vault is the only way to go. Another thing to, I never leave my truck unlocked when I have my rifle or shotgun in there while going or coming from hunting. I've heard stories & have known other victims that have had their firearms stolen off the seat, behind the seat or out of tool boxes while they went inside to pay for gas or get quick bite to eat. Even heard of guys working in teams to distract you while they steal your gun from your vehicle.

Its just sickening. Sorry for your loss.

Edited by Obi Wan Kenobi
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 10:49

Thanks Obi,

That's sage advice there. I had my hunting rifles in my pickup, that was parked in the detatched garage, which is easily seen by neighbors and not easily gotten into (no windows, and no doors) Thankfully I left them there.

It's not so much that they were so expensive, as my tac stuff were Savages, with some accurizing done. The scopes except the IOR were not that expensive, a Bushnell, Millett, well the Leo was not cheap, It does add up though. I have one rifle getting some accurizing done, so when it comes back I'll work on getting some glass for it. I guess it's just time to start over again.

LOCKS ONLY KEEP THE HONEST FOLKS HONEST  

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 13:45

I've been thinking,

What if I got myself a huge Capacitor and hooked it up to my gun cabinet ?

might be interesting any thoughts guys ?

Cyborg
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 13:56
How about 240V with a 30 amp breaker;  oh, and a fire extinguisher to put out the perp.
God save the Empire!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 14:02
 OH YEAH !!! ME LIKEY ALOT !!!

Cyborg
KB0WZL View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB0WZL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 19:34

Sorry to hear about your lost. 

Might make a suggestion of listing the guns you had stolen here on the Optictalk and others, one of the us might see them at a gun show or for sale by some one. Just a idea but you never know.

hope it all works out.

Steve

Steve
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 21:43

this is what i am going to put on my gun room in my basement.

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2007 at 07:42

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope it all works out for you.

In South Africa just about everybody has been a victim of crime at one time or another. We also become heavily p.ss.d off with the rights of the criminal and so on.

Our new gunlaws have placed very onerous and definite laws in place regarding the safe-keeping of fire-arms. Essentially a gun must either be under your direct control or locked in a steel safe. Such a safe has to be bolted to someting big and heavy, like a house! Should a gun be lost or stolen through negligence on the gun-owners part, he is in deep trouble, besides losing the right to continue owning any fire-arms.

I personally have no issues with this, as such a stolen or lost fire-arm could very well end up being used against me in a robbery etc.The sad part is that more fire-arms are lost or stolen from our very own police force then from our private citizens!

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2007 at 08:42

Thanks Steve, 8-shots, Great Idea there Pyro,

I do have an update, my pistol was recovered, seems an illegal alien was renting a house in the area, growing Maryjane, and stealing copper from houses being built, or uninhabited, along with breaking and entering etc.

We gotta take our Country back guys, thats all there is to it !!! I wish I could tell you more but there's alot going on  that I shouldn't elaborate on. Thank you all for the support.

Cyborg
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 17:24

cyborg,

Sorry you had to go thru that.  Did you have all your gun's serial numbers?  For those of you who haven't done that yet, DO IT TODAY.

You have zero chance of getting any of them back if you don't have those numbers!

Also, for those of you that have had the good fortune of collecting more than a few, you should check with your insurance guy

to make sure they don't have a limit on the coverage and if they do...... you haven't gone over it.  You may have to add a writer

to your policy in order to recoup all your guns in case they get stolen or even damaged in a fire or whatever.

take em!
chavist93 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chavist93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 21:05
I can sympathize, last friday night while I was sleeping someone stole my 5x8 hallmark enclosed trailer right out of my back yard.  Had about $3k worth of woodworking tools in it.  What sucks is that unknowingly to me allstates insurance puts a $500 cap on trailers.  I dont know yet how much I will get back for the tools.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic