OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Wifes rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chavist93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wifes rifle
    Posted: September/28/2007 at 18:03

Sanpped a couple pics of my wifes hunting rifle today while I was sighting it in.  Nothing special, but I figured I'd post a pic anyways.  It's a Browning A-bolt Micro in 7mm-08 with a vx-iii 1.75-6x32.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2007 at 18:11

Nice!!

How's she shoot??

(The rifle, that is...)

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
chavist93 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chavist93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2007 at 19:05
Shoots great, and I really like the size of it.  In fact for small woods areas I'd rather have it than my full sized a-bolt.  Just a nice handling, lightweight little gun.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2007 at 19:22
7-08 is kick ass caliber too
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 07:21
Very nice looking set up and great caliber, too.
Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 15:32

Deadly!!!!!

If you find the right loads, your wife will be able to drive tacks at 300 yards.

Nice set up there.

Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 16:17
That rifle is a fine choice for your wife!!! 20" barrel I presume?? I am also a big compact rifle fan, own one myself and can relate to the advantages of a smaller & lighter rifle!..........................  
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 19:04

I agree, I picked up a Remington M7 SS in .260 last year. It handles great but lacks in looks. I think that the stainless Browning Stalkers that a few of my hunting buddies have are down right ugly.

This Browning, on the other hand, is very attractive. The Leupold compliments the rifle perfectly and is perfect for this stick. It no doubt handles as well as it looks.

Doug

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 20:01
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

I agree, I picked up a Remington M7 SS in .260 last year. It handles great but lacks in looks. I think that the stainless Browning Stalkers that a few of my hunting buddies have are down right ugly.

This Browning, on the other hand, is very attractive. The Leupold compliments the rifle perfectly and is perfect for this stick. It no doubt handles as well as it looks.

Doug

well then you wouldnt like my 300winmag, cause shes a ss w/boss but after one hunting trip the boss became a boss/cr damn that was loud! and yes its got a silver varixii on it! my avatar was taken with that rifle last year damn thing shoots like its nobody business especially for a 300mag and the recoil is so pleasant you wouldnt believe me till you shot it.

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 21:12

Ugly is as ugly does and our beasts do the duty just fine! I still like the warmth of wood, though. I have recently taken a look at the hunting rifles I have and I'm ready to come full circle back to walnut.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 21:16
i like those laminate stocks a lot right now.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2007 at 16:56
chavist, nice rig!  7-08 is a great caliber, not just for recoil sensitive people, but for anyone.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic