OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

grandson’s rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEAD_BEAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: grandson’s rifle
    Posted: September/23/2007 at 19:09

here is my 12 year old grandsons new rifle 243 win. with a Shilen 8 twist 21 inch barrel on it trigger was done at 2 1/2 pounds . boyds stock set

luepold gun metal gray VX3 3.5x10x40 B&C reticle the rifle is just the right size for him.

JIM

JIM
ronnie View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2007 at 23:45
       Nice!!   
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2007 at 07:17

Nice!!

Those Warne rings, Jim??

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2007 at 08:53
All that gray looks great together!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2007 at 08:56
thats one sporty looking rifle.  "very nice"
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
DEAD_BEAT View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEAD_BEAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2007 at 09:22

thanks guys cheaptrick yup there warne rings im starting to use them alot with the one peice base it gives me alittle more adjustment

tahqua i was a little worried about all the gray but now after looking at it for a week i think it pulled togehter ok when i get back from wisconsin i plan on reshapeing the forend a little give i a little more taper and arch on the belly of it

JIM

JIM
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2007 at 13:35
Handy little rifle that can very easily be adjusted as he grows.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2007 at 21:28
one again i dig the grey! i dont care for the leupold though, sorry but its still sharp looking rig i bet he is proud of it! i would be at that age.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
DEAD_BEAT View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEAD_BEAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2007 at 22:17

pyro no need to be sorry im not the type  that think his way is the only way . thats what i really like about our  sport/hobby there are so may variable's and the choices are endless  alot of other country's can only wish they could have our choices

JIM

JIM
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2007 at 18:51
well i dont wanna knock it cause its a beautiful setup! cause the more people who have guns the better, i think uncle ted agrees with that statement! there is just something about the grey laminate i really like the new sako 85 in the grey lam looks so damn good i wish i could afford one! t/c's are perfect for the young hunter cause they are so versitile and like urifd says it will grow with him, change barrels at a later date if he wants some thing bigger or slide a scatter barrel on it for grouse etc hell a guy could even slide the old smoke poll setup on if he wanted too.

Edited by pyro6999
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2007 at 16:36
Dead beat..................That is one good looking little rig. It`s unique and different too. I also like the stock pattern & color; similiar to mine.....It`s a good thing that rifle is a .243. If it were a .270, then Pyro would have really felt sorry for you!!!!! LOL!!!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2007 at 17:17
no doubt i love saving the younger ones from a life of disapointment but i really like to change the minds of the older crowd!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic