OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Brand New Swaro Z6i...amazing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpardun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand New Swaro Z6i...amazing
    Posted: September/21/2007 at 21:54

My new Z6i just arrived today and I can not wait to shoot it!

After seeing the S&B Short Dot II and Swaro Z6i side by side last week, I went with Z6i 1-6x.

It was close, but the Swaro won me over with a few new feature:

-amazing low light clarity

-perceptibly wider field of view on 1x

-closer to 1x than the S&B (maybe this is in my mind)

-6 x magnification on the far end is nice

-simple, very useful controls...not likely to use much NV with it, but the night settings seem like they may work with NV

-1.5 oz. lighter than S&B (not really noticable though)

-Circle Dot reticle is really nice, kind of a German #4, with a circle dot...looks greta w/out illum and with it it is every bit as bright as my aimpoints and eotech

-nice FOV, althoughh I think it will take a little getting used to

So she's been monted in her LaRue 104 and ready to roll!

Pics to follow...

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2007 at 07:08
59176 Swarovski 1-6x24 Z6i 30mm Riflescope                                                                                    Swarovski 1-6x24 Z6i 30mm Riflescope
  • Matte
  • Illuminated Circle Dot
  • 30mm
  • Extended Eye Relief
SWFA: $1,898.95
More Info... Buy Now

Interesting choice, while it makes a nice compact package I personally have been hesitant to buy a 1-6-24 or similar mainly because it will not  have a 7mm exit eye pupil over 3.4power but as is it probably is enough for most things. Although I do not have a 1.5-6x42 I certainly admire scopes in that power configuration and would love to have one.  When I visited SWFA   I was very favorably impressed by

TR21 Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope                                                                               Trijicon 1.25-4x24 Accu-Point Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Amber Triangle BAC
  • 1"
SWFA: $572.95
More Info... Buy Now

And I can certainly see that the Z6i would be very similar but with better glass and battery power. Please keep us up to date on how this scope performs for you and Thanks  for sharing the information about it.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mpardun View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpardun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2007 at 09:15

My lower end second choices were the Nightforce NXS 1-4 and then Leupold Mk5 MR/T (in that order).

I too liked the Triji Acupoint...for the money it's very, very hard to beat.  I found the low end maginification a problem as I was looking for a real 1x (I suspect that most of my usage will be at low power), the optical clarity obviously is not in the same league, FOV is about 60% of the Z6 at the lowest power (Z6 = almost 130 feet).  My intent was to replace an EOTech and Leupold 3x9 VXIII, bot using LaRue QR mounts and being swapped on an 18" POF AR SPR set-up.

It will also likely see service on my DSA Tactical FAL and Steyr SBS (both .308's).

Edited by mpardun
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2007 at 20:48
please keep us informed, personally I'm dying to know how well it holds up under hard use, especially on the dsa with the bolt slamming home. (usually harder on a scope than the recoil).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic