OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Service and warranties of german Optics?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBQ BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service and warranties of german Optics?
    Posted: September/14/2007 at 22:05
Are they in line with Leupold's customer service AND warranty work? I had a Leupold VXIII and was satisfied. Had to seel so now I am in the market again. I have been looking into Shmidt & Bender and Zeiss both in 56mm. I now nothing about their service and warranty work.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 07:42

Originally posted by BBQ BOY BBQ BOY wrote:

Are they in line with Leupold's customer service AND warranty work? I had a Leupold VXIII and was satisfied. Had to seel so now I am in the market again. I have been looking into Shmidt & Bender and Zeiss both in 56mm. I now nothing about their service and warranty work.

I have only used the Zeiss CS dept but it was outstanding. I have had friends and read online about S&B's CS and it has been great as well.

No worries!!

HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 07:47

I can only speak for my company, Seeadler-Optik. If there is anything wrong with a Seeadler, we will fix it, no problem . The only time there was a question of repair was when a customer sent in a pair of binocs that had clearly been abused . They fell from a tree stand and busted the ocular lenses, and the coatings on the objective end had been wiped with a rough cloth that apparently was very dirty, therefore ruining the coatings. He also admitted he was not the original owner , and had bought them from someone who had won them in a contest. To repair would have cost ~  $250.00 so he declined. This was on a pair of $1000.00 9x63 Seeadlers.

Seeadler also now has a service center that will repair other makes such as Zeiss, Zeiss aus Jena, Swaro, etc..., many customers use them when their warranties run out on these makes (older).

Just my 2 cents,

Derek 

DEAD_BEAT View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEAD_BEAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 13:46

i sent a old 25 years + vari x 2 to luepold it had glue/locktite all over it dings dents   l told luepold i i would pay to get it fixed just let me know how much low and behold  they put a new tube on it no charge . the turrets were jammed up and would not turn very easy. i also sent a VX 3 that i dropped of my work bench and put a big flat spot om the objective bell it was clearly my fault you guessed it no charge . now if the german glass will give that kind of sevice i might look at them

JIM      &nb sp;         &nb sp;      

JIM
sakosf View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakosf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 21:07
I will second what the above poster stated......Zeiss is outstanding
BBQ BOY View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBQ BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 23:24
Is Zeiss's warranty & service as good as Leupold?
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 23:45

No Zeiss Warranty is not as good as Leupolds.

They do not switch out dented tubes for fun and brusing that the customer have made himself is not under warranti.

But it's not for the warranty i buy zeiss, its for the light, fov , optical quality etc.

I have owned 6 or 7 leupolds (all is sold) and it will NEVER happend again if they not do something serous about their optical quality.

Regards Technika

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2007 at 01:35
Huntmaster, I tried to find some info on Seeadler Optics and all I found was a german language website.  Is there any info in English?

Thanks.
ILya

Originally posted by HuntMaster HuntMaster wrote:

I can only speak for my company, Seeadler-Optik. If there is anything wrong with a Seeadler, we will fix it, no problem . The only time there was a question of repair was when a customer sent in a pair of binocs that had clearly been abused . They fell from a tree stand and busted the ocular lenses, and the coatings on the objective end had been wiped with a rough cloth that apparently was very dirty, therefore ruining the coatings. He also admitted he was not the original owner , and had bought them from someone who had won them in a contest. To repair would have cost ~  $250.00 so he declined. This was on a pair of $1000.00 9x63 Seeadlers.

Seeadler also now has a service center that will repair other makes such as Zeiss, Zeiss aus Jena, Swaro, etc..., many customers use them when their warranties run out on these makes (older).

Just my 2 cents,

Derek 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2007 at 05:52

Originally posted by BBQ BOY BBQ BOY wrote:

Is Zeiss's warranty & service as good as Leupold?

I'm not sure anyones CS dept is as good as Leupolds, my friend.

I had one Zeiss Conquest fail, sent it back, got a brand new one in about 10 days.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2007 at 07:15

Koshkin, check your p.m.  You can Google the website to translate to English, but the site is not current with all the newest offerings.Only the Binocs section is pretty much up to date. I have pdf catalogues available for those who want them. I would like to talk to Chris sometime about offering them to you guys.

Currently, they are only offered in sporting goods stores here in the South. They currently can't be bought online except for the two that are used someone has on ebay. ( believe it or not, I think it's rootmanslim  )  

Derek

Edited by HuntMaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2007 at 08:12
Originally posted by HuntMaster HuntMaster wrote:

Currently, they are only offered in sporting goods stores here in the South. They currently can't be bought online except for the two that are used someone has on ebay. ( believe it or not, I think it's rootmanslim  )  

Derek

Rootmanslim, you say?!?!?   

He's recently been sighted on here. Under a differant screen name of course.....

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2007 at 09:20

Yeah, he seems to have some pretty good stuff for sale. Personally, I don't buy stuff I don't intend to keep. Most of my purchases (optics and guns) are meant to last a lifetime and be passed down to my children.

Derek

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic