OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

RemingtonVSF LeftHand Availability

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RemingtonVSF LeftHand Availability
    Posted: September/14/2007 at 07:51

I have finally taken the plunge and ordered a Remington700VSF LeftHand in a 308 calibre. The only problem is that apparently Remington is out of stock. Looking at USA websites it seems that all the gunshops in America are also waiting for 308 Rem VSF left hand stock.

Has anyone got an inside track on Remington? I believe they are due to run the production line some time soon for this model.

I still have to import in to South Africa and that will take a month plus the nightmare of licensing it.

Any info on availability would be welcome.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2007 at 08:31

Wish I knew!!

Gunbroker doesn't even have a LH .308 in that model, 8.

Edited by cheaptrick
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2007 at 16:29
i feel sorry for you two south paws, about the only thing you get a break in life for being left handed is baseball bats, and spoons and forks!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2007 at 16:35

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i feel sorry for you two south paws, about the only thing you get a break in life for being left handed is baseball bats, and spoons and forks!

Amen, Brother.

Savage rifles offer more options for us guys than Remington.... 

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2007 at 20:25
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Amen, Brother.

Savage rifles offer more options for us guys than Remington.... 

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 11:06
even rifle scopes can be some what right hand biased in a way.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kavall View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kavall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2007 at 04:13
I just spin mine around backwards. Solves all those pesky knob troubles.

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2007 at 08:17
I e-mailed Shirley Conner at Remington and she confirmed that they still intend running a production for us Southpaws this Sep. Hope they stick to this as there is not much left of this Sep.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2007 at 10:13

Can anyone lend a hand (left hand)? It will appear that Remington has released some new stock for the Rem700VSF Left Hand 308 caliber.

I e-mailed Shirley Conner at Remington and got the corporate response" YOU MUST CONTACT YOUR DEALER FOR THIS INFORMATION"

Well....

Can anyone contact Impact Guns 888 505 3086, remington Pro 800 518 3808 or J&J Smokewagons 530 872 7185 CA? On the web they actually show stock available, but do they have the stock? Did they get new stock from Remington this week? First week of OCt? Remington (Shirley)stated that they would run the product line during Sep 07. As stated, when I asked Shirley at 1 Oct if they did in fact run it I got the ducking answer.

I would appreciate the inside track so they I can talk to my local dealer with due authoroty!

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2007 at 10:28
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

Can anyone lend a hand (left hand)? It will appear that Remington has released some new stock for the Rem700VSF Left Hand 308 caliber.

I e-mailed Shirley Conner at Remington and got the corporate response" YOU MUST CONTACT YOUR DEALER FOR THIS INFORMATION"

Well....

Can anyone contact Impact Guns 888 505 3086, remington Pro 800 518 3808 or J&J Smokewagons 530 872 7185 CA? On the web they actually show stock available, but do they have the stock? Did they get new stock from Remington this week? First week of OCt? Remington (Shirley)stated that they would run the product line during Sep 07. As stated, when I asked Shirley at 1 Oct if they did in fact run it I got the ducking answer.

I would appreciate the inside track so they I can talk to my local dealer with due authoroty!

Impact Guns 888 505 3086 Closed still

remington Pro 800 518 3808 not in stock. not listed

J&J Smokewagons 530 872 7185   voice mail.

wish i had better news bud.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 01:05
Bigdaddy, thanks for your help and feedback on this.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 08:33

Bigdaddy, thanks for your help and feedback on this.

NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL....

I will try again in a few days around the 15th (when i get back)  and see if things change and they actually do what they say.

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2007 at 10:14

8Shotz,

i tryed calling again yesterday and got the same responce.If you want i can try to check some of my conections to see if we might be able to get it.PM me and we can chat about it that way.

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2007 at 02:53

BigDaddy,

Just some feedback. Spoke to the Remington importer today and he advised me my Rifle is packed and ready to leave the US of A for its new home in Africa! They are only waiting for police clearance, which may take a week or three. But I can almost feel the rifle in my hands!

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2007 at 07:10
AWSOME... I know you have waited long eunff for it... I want to see some pic's when you get it in your hands.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2007 at 05:28

BigDaddy,

Just some feedback. Spoke to the Remington importer today and he advised me my Rifle is packed and ready to leave the US of A for its new home in Africa! They are only waiting for police clearance, which may take a week or three. But I can almost feel the rifle in my hands!

Pics please!!!!!!!!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 09:29
Good news at last. Spoke to the dealer today and the rifle is being cleared by the police in South Africa!!! It took 3 months, not 3 weeks to get police import clearance!!! In case you have not noticed it is now 31 Jan 2008 as I write this.
I will be able to get the rifle transferred dealer to dealer after I have paid the last outstanding balance, so around next week the rifle should be in Cape Town.
Only one bummer, I leave for Germany for a couple of days next week, so will only view rifle on my return.
Of course it means I still cannot bring the rifle home. I still have to apply for the lic, which could take ........... Insert your own guess here, as long as it is in months!
At least I know the dealer very well and we can go to the range together and shoot the baby. 
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 09:34

Good news at last. Spoke to the dealer today and the rifle is being cleared by the police in South Africa!!! It took 3 months, not 3 weeks to get police import clearance!!! In case you have not noticed it is now 31 Jan 2008 as I write this.
I will be able to get the rifle transferred dealer to dealer after I have paid the last outstanding balance, so around next week the rifle should be in Cape Town.
Only one bummer, I leave for Germany for a couple of days next week, so will only view rifle on my return.
Of course it means I still cannot bring the rifle home. I still have to apply for the lic, which could take ........... Insert your own guess here, as long as it is in months!
At least I know the dealer very well and we can go to the range together and shoot the baby. 
w0w,I guess i have taken for granted how good we have it in the U S of A. I'm glad the rifle is closer to you reach than it was 4 months ago.It amazez me on how much red tape and hoops you have got to jump thru over there. Hope the rest of the hoops don't trip it up and you can have it really soon.

GOOD LUCK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 16:06
Good deal!! Hope she was worth the trouble, 8.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2008 at 16:33
8, I feel for ya, brother!  As bigdaddy said, despite all the stupid gun laws we have, we're really fortunate we don't have to be submitted to such nonsense here in the US.

I hope you really enjoy your new rifle, and be sure and give us an update on how she shoots, along with pics!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic