OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Optic Reviews and Tests > Member's Tests and Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rem 700 vsf .308

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rem700believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rem 700 vsf .308
    Posted: September/13/2007 at 21:19

I have been trying to get my hands on a rem 700 20'' heavy barrel whether it's a ltr or tactical doesnt matter, come to find out the tactical is hard to come by and the ltr is a police item only so says my local dealer!  Now i am considering a 700 vsf .308 but cannot find a gun test on it.  If anybody knows a link or has one i would love to hear your personal testimonials on the gun!

Thanks

Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 20:17

Well, First you need an intelligent gun dealer.  The LTR is commonly available to all with the cash to buy one.

Second,  the same barrel is used on all three, just in different tapers and finishes.

Most all the remingtons will shoot very well and make a great learning rifle with upgrade potential.

One of the locval tactical teams went over to the LTR this spring and say that all their rifles are 1/2 moa out of the box. That ain't bad at all

flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2007 at 08:06
I just got the Remington 700 SS 5R milspec.  It has a 24" barrel and I don't know if that's a deal-breaker for you, but you should check it out if you haven't.  I covered the first 3-shot group at 100 yds. with the back of a .308 shell.  The only complaint I have with it is the heavy trigger pull it came with, but it has an appointment with the Rem doctor tomorrow to take care of that!  Let me know if you want some more info, as I would be happy to share.
swatop07 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swatop07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2007 at 19:20
Personally I got the remington PSS in .308.  26" heavy barrell, like the other gentlemen said the trigger sucks out of the box, i had mine replaced with the 40x.  Its expensive as hell but i see the value.  When my new scope arrives I will do a review on the Super Sniper SS16X42, with this rifle.  I will includ pics for everyone as well. 
Guns dont kill people. Proper sight alignment, breathing and trigger control does.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic