OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

savage and SS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEAD_BEAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: savage and SS
    Posted: September/09/2007 at 15:33

ok here is my new rifle/stock its a savage model 12 BVSS in 308 with a joel rosso stock called a A5L it has a new SS10X  26 heavy barrel farrel base burris XTR rings

the pillars and bedding and finish and recoil pad was done my me i love to tinker and im also cheap let me know what ya all think

JIM
JIM
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 16:19

Outstanding!!

Good job and great looking rig, my friend!!!!  That pretty lady got a name??

How's she shoot??

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 16:22
Very nice rig. Everything looks perfect and that stock looks like you could shoot all day with it.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 16:28
Very nice, love it.
DEAD_BEAT View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEAD_BEAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 16:29
thanks i should get to the range next weekend my 3 year old grand son call her lorraine from the movie open season LOL
JIM
Tennessean View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tennessean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2007 at 08:49

DEAD_BEAT,

Awesome job!  Can't wait to hear how it performs.

anzac View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anzac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2007 at 00:12
I love Savage rifles..but that is one of the nicest!! Cool stock mate.
The Big Dog View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2007 at 08:41

Hi,

Now that is what I call a rifle.  I don't have any personal experience with scope but I hear they're a very good scope.  If that rifle shoots 1/2 as good as it looks,  you have a keeper.  That is one AWESOME looking rig.

Catch you later,

The Big Dog

happyness is a warm day and lots of varmints.
Remington700VS View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remington700VS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2007 at 09:21

Nice look'n rig!!!!

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2007 at 17:03
i love that color of stock, its like the remy and ruger target grey nice stick!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
DEAD_BEAT View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEAD_BEAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2007 at 18:58

thanks for the kind word's from everyone the picture does not show the flutes very well !! pyro i like the color of the stock so much   now have 3 that same color

JIM

JIM
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2007 at 19:07

Those laminated stocks are just plain great. Not only do they look fantastic, but they are stronger, stiffer and more stable than all but the very best synthetics, AND they have the "warmth" of wood. I love 'em too.

smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 22:36

I'm glad to see this post as I'm deciding between the 30-06 and 308 in the savage rifle and Im not sure if my SS will fit on the long action.  Judging my the photo, it looks like the SS would be too short to fit on the long action.

Can somebody confirm wether or not the SS10x42 will fit on a savage long action?

Thanks,

Smitty

RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2007 at 23:00
Originally posted by smitty smitty wrote:

I'm glad to see this post as I'm deciding between the 30-06 and 308 in the savage rifle and Im not sure if my SS will fit on the long action.  Judging my the photo, it looks like the SS would be too short to fit on the long action.

Can somebody confirm wether or not the SS10x42 will fit on a savage long action?

Thanks,

Smitty

If you get a Picatinny/Weaver type one-piece rail with several cross-slots cut into it you  have the utmost in available options in ring choice and configuration. There is NO reason that scope can't be made to work very nicely on a long- action Savage, and I'll bet we hear from several folks momentarily who have that very combination.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic