OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Savage 10FP HS Precision Availability

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote villanova69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savage 10FP HS Precision Availability
    Posted: September/08/2007 at 17:25
Hey everyone,
I ordered a Savage 10FP HS Precision from a local gun dealer here in Canada almost 4 months ago.  Originally, I was told that I would have the gun in a couple of weeks, however, it has now been almost 4 months and no gun has arrived.  The dealer tells me that Savage has had problems with their export permits to Canada and he cannot give me any specific date as to when the gun will arrive.  I want to know if anyone has heard if this is true or if I'm just getting smoke blown up my ass by the dealer.  Thanks for the help.

VillaNova  
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 00:29

Nova69, I had one of those many moons ago!! Anyway, Savage is in the middle of

a production change, YES another one.!!  Poop in the pipe has it that the short action

Savage will be standardized in the action mounting screw spacing. It will be opened up to the spacing currently used in the intermediate action, which is arround .200 wider than the current "short action".  Tell your dealer if hes waiting on Savage, he

might be waiting till the new year. He could get off his ass if this is the problem, do

a dealer transfer.!!  This rifle is VERY common by demand, and should be very easy to locate. And if not,many others may be waiting also.

You might be interested in the 10FCP,the detachable box mag version. It was released NOV. 06 and includes the new spacing. Aftermarket stock builders may

want to wake up also.!!  Tell your dealer to try the 10FCP-HS as it isnt much more mula!!!!

Good Luck, 30

villanova69 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote villanova69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 10:26
Thanks for the info hot30.  I had a feeling there was more to the delay than just permits at the border.  I'll call him and see if he's heard anything like what you're telling me.  If I won't see one until the new year then I may just cancel that order and get a Remington 700P instead.  Thanks again for the info, I appreciate it.

VillaNova
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 11:36

Well, this is a fire starter!!! Seein I havnt started one in a while, How much money ya going to spend on that 700 to get it to shoot like a Savage.????  Remington continues to show me how "out of toloerance" production specs can be.

OK fellas,!! JUMP ON IT..!!

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 11:46

What production specs are you talking about.

I haven't had to spend a dime to get my Remingtons to shoot sub moa and they are all hunting rifles. Though, one of them is a VS.

30, I don't think that statement from VillaNova is a fire starter. He can't get the Savage so he might get the Remington.

On the other hand your statement .............

Doug

Edited by tahqua
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote villanova69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 12:43

I'm not trying to start any fires.  I had always been debating between Savage and Remington and the Savage won because of its lower price tag.  But if I'm going to have to wait another 4-6 months for a Savage, I'd rather spend the extra 100-200 bucks on a Remington and be out in the field for those months.  Seems worth it to me.

VillaNova

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 15:18

Damn Remingtons!!! Just won't shoot worth a &#^@!!!!!

This 100 yard 5 shot group is just one example of the deplorable accuracy I've grown accustomed to while buying Remingtons!!    Only shoots in the "3's"!!!!! 

Down with Remington!!!   Long live Savage!!!

Edited by cheaptrick
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 17:57

Hey 69, what about the 10FCP-HS. You dont like  clip loaders.??

My Fire.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 19:00

Speaking of starting fires, this:

Is frickin hilarious and a bit twisted, CT! 

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 19:02

We are seeing more and more detachable magazines in bolt guns. They sure are convenient and I'm going to give one a try. Probably in a short action bolt gun for the woods.

Doug

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 19:07
i have two of them in 300 win and 300wsm and i love them both.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 19:15
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Speaking of starting fires, this:

Is frickin hilarious and a bit twisted, CT! 

I didn't see that the first time.........that's great, Mark

hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 20:28

tahqua, they make a great place to store ammo in you pocket.!  Keep an extra

mag loaded just in case.

PS, I looked at CTs new fetish.!!!  Laughed my ass off.!!!!!

Thought he might be loozin it, but then he is probably just board.??

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote villanova69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2007 at 01:49

hot30,
I'll definitely try to find out the availability on the detachable box version.  My dealer didn't even tell me that model could come with a detachable box, but then again I never asked either.  So I guess we'll see.

VillaNova

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2007 at 15:36

http://www.snipercountrypx.com/pc-3609-1032-savage-model-10f cp-hs-precision-308.aspx

(Good people!)

Not sure if guys have them in stock, but it may be worth giving them a call.

Might try Impact Guns as well.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/

All kidding aside with Hot 30, I love my Remingtons and all, but those Savage's have been really tearing it up down at my range. VERY good rifles with LETHAL accuracy. 

EDIT to add:

Glad you guys like the new avatar!!!

Edited by cheaptrick
TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2007 at 15:54

You might try:  http://snipersparadise.com/sniperchat/index.php?showtopic=68 19

Shep is a great guy to deal with....

All are new in the box. All prices exclude shipping and handling:

110FP Tactical in .300WM/7mm RemMag/.25-06/.30-06_______$495
http://www.savagearms.com/110fp.htm

10FP Tactical, 24", right or left hand, .308_______$495
http://www.savagearms.com/10fp.htm

10FP-LE1, 20", right hand, .308_______$495
http://www.savagearms.com/10fple1.htm

10FP-LE2, 26", right hand, .308_______$495
http://www.savagearms.com/10fple2.htm

10FP-LE1A, 20", right hand, .308, Choate stock_______$595
http://www.savagearms.com/10fple1a.htm

10FP-LE2A, 26", right hand, .308, Choate stock_______$595
http://www.savagearms.com/10fple2a.htm

10FP-LE2B, 26", right hand, .308, McMillan stock_______$817
http://www.savagearms.com/10fple2b.htm

10-FP HS Precision, 26", .308, HS Precision stock ________$683
http://www.savagearms.com/10fphsprecision.htm
We refuse to compromise our quality for pricing.
100% USA Made.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2007 at 16:04

Thanks, Phil!!

WOW, those prices are outstanding.

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote villanova69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2007 at 14:55

Unfortunately for me I can't order any of those guns online because I live in Canada.  I talked to my dealer a few days ago and he said he's checked with two other distributors who are also sold out and not sure when any new Savage shipments will arrive.  I told him to cancel my Savage order and placed an order for a Remington 700P instead.  It's in stock and I'm just waiting for the distributor to get it to the store.

TPS Phil,
I love the TPS products.  I order them from Joe at RPS International in Alberta, Canada.  You guys should definitely expand into Ontario.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2007 at 15:40
Had the same issue you are having with Browning & now a similar with Marlin - have ordered a 1895M and it is waiting permits.  Looks like unless it is in stock here we are euchred.
God save the Empire!
remmylite View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remmylite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 18:51
I had the same predicament with the savage, the local shop said it would take a few months to get, and he didnt sound too confident about that, i had considered the 700pss but the price tag on the savage was the deal breaker. needless to say that day i became the proud owner of a 700 ltr. i wouldve have loved to have saved $200 to put towards glass but i wanted to start shooting this year. but now i have the satisfaction of knowing that i can find any part or upgrade for my gun with no problems and that is worth the extra coin. although i still question whether i shouldve got the 26" barrel over the 20", but many many rounds will answer that question. good luck with your purchase and tell us how you like it, and what kind of glass are you gonna dress it with?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic