OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Barska scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HookdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barska scopes
    Posted: September/07/2007 at 22:43
How do yall feel about barska scopes I've never heard of them until the other day, so i started looking around on the enternet and found some for some reasonable prices i was thinking about putting the 6x20x50 tactical on a 300wsm, how well do they stay on zero and preform during low light late evening
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 22:46
welcome to the OT.  go a head and put on that there 300wsm and it will last about as long as a bsa or a tasco or a cheapo bushnell about 3 shots they suck.

Edited by pyro6999
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 22:47
i have a burris ffii on my 300wsm and its been there for 6 years now without incidence.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
HookdUp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HookdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 22:49
thats what i needed to know what would you recommend about a $400 budget
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 22:53
well if you wanna blow the whole $400 buy a zeiss conquest 3x9 for $399 from swfa. if you wanna save a few bucks and spend the leftover money on other stuff the nikon monarch and the bushnell elite 4200 )both less than $300 are pretty good scopes as well. i guess a lot depends on what kind of usage you plan and what kind of terrain you hunt. i hunt in thick wooded areas so anything with a power setting higher than 4x on the low end is to much for the small area i have to shoot, you on the other hand may hunt in texas or north dakota or montana where you can see for miles and may require a 6.5x20
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 22:55
The correct spelling is........BARF----SKA!!!.......C`mon Hookdup! Don`t put that crap on a 300 WSM. That would be an insult to your rifle and that cartridge!!! Treat your rifle scope as an investment, NOT an expense! Now I`m curious. What make & model rifle do you have?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 22:58

Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

The correct spelling is........BARF----SKA!!!.......C`mon Hookdup! Don`t put that crap on a 300 WSM. That would be an insult to your rifle and that cartridge!!! Treat your rifle scope as an investment, NOT an expense! Now I`m curious. What make & model rifle do you have?

i knew once you saw that you would get  up!

Edited by pyro6999
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
HookdUp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HookdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:00
i havent got it yet, i goin to get it thursday new savage with accutrigger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:01

that ought to shoot nice, wood or plastic??

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
HookdUp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HookdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:02
plastic
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:03
do you hand load?
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:05
That`s like pulling up to the Ritz-Carleton in a Yugo with some dings, dents and throw in a paint job too!........... 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:08

Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

That`s like pulling up to the Ritz-Carleton in a Yugo with some dings, dents and throw in a paint job too!........... 

no its like showing up in africa for a cape buffalo hunt with a damn .270

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
HookdUp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HookdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:10
na man if i tried reloading it would probably be bad(for myself)
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:13

thats too bad, the 300wsm is quite accurate as you will see here and i dont have an accutrigger so you have an advantage already

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:22
A 300 WSM Savage with accu-trigger deserves a real good scope! A $400 budget is much better!!......If you can through any dealers in your area, go and look through these scopes and compare them for yourself. None of these will disappoint you, will last a lifetime and give you excellent service & reliability!!.....................The Zeiss Conquest 3x9! The Nikon Monarch! And! My personal favorite, the Bushnell Elite 4200 with Rainguard........The Zeiss is slightly brighter than the Elite, but not any clearer or resolute. But the Zeiss is $100 or more than the Elite. Not worth the extra cost in my view!...The Monarch falls in right there with the Elite.....All 3 will compliment your Savage extremely well! As far as Leupolds are concerned? You pay more, in return for what you get!........The Elite 4200 will give you one of the best value to dollar ratios on the market!!!!.....Those 3 will do the job!    
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:28
A 270 on a caped buffalo? Careful you`ll really piss Jack`s spirit off!.........He`d probably try it to with some super bullets!!  
HookdUp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HookdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 23:35
i been hearing alot of ppl talk the the bushnell elite 4200
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2007 at 05:28
Hookdup...............When you research as I did prior to my Elite purchase, you look through alot of scopes, compare them and let the your eyes determine which one is best. The analysis should be very simple! Which scope gives the best possible optics, best possible construction & durability, for the dollar spent?..... When you break it down in the categories of optics, construction & durability, no scope on the market will exceed the benefits of the Elite 4200 with Rainguard in relation to its cost! This scope is the `07 Outdoor Life, editor`s choice winner!...........However, in many hunting & shooting circles the name "Bushnell" continues to have the stigma or stereotype associated with the cheaper and lower quality scopes. The marketplace, re-education, along with alot of time, has been turning that around in recent years.........As an example; I was out at the range recently and of course, everyone looks at everyone elses rifles to see what they are shooting, especially the people closest to you!......During the range break, the old guy directly next to me notices my scope, sees the B on the side and says,,,,"is that a Burris." I said; "nope, its a Bushnell." He asked if I was having any problems, which I replied, no. He said, "you`re very lucky." Then he began to give me an ear full of his past disappointing experiences with the Bushnells of the distant past. I kept quiet for about 5 minutes while listening to his war stories. A very outspoken guy to say the least. After he shut up, I asked him if he would please take a few peeks through my scope when the shooting begins and give me his honest valued opinion. I knew that he was using a Leupold (obvious gold ring). I asked which model & he said a  VX111..........He sat down on my stool, put my rifle in a shooting position, adjusted the fast focus eye piece and began looking through my 4200. During the next few minutes, he changed the magnification from high to low, then low to high, stopping at each power setting....... I wish I would have had my camera to take a pic at the expression on his face the moment he was done. Apparently, he never reads or keeps up with any scope tech because he never read or heard of the 4200......His reaction was one of total disbelief!! "A damned Bushnell could be that clear and bright?" "More so than my own VX111?".......Moral of the story? Keep an open mind because what is in the past,,,,IS,,,,in the past!!! However, with some cement filled minds, once a bad reputation is there, it usually never goes away!..........Perhaps my jackhammer did work a little? Hope you found my story interesting!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2007 at 08:53
i had an incident like that but i went from leupold to nikon, i dont doubt that bushnells scope looks good both optically and astheticly what scares me is that exact question the guy asked you about your scope when he found out it was a bushnell, "are you having any problems with it?" there is a reason that people say that about bushnell scopes. and its making me shy away from the elite as well, because it still says bushnell on the side, they have that same bad juju that the .220 swift has hard to shake that, but at the same time they say that they test that 4200 series to 10,000 rounds of .375 h&h so unless thats hype i suppose its tough. some day i will break down and try it. till then i will keep using my nikons till they let me down.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic