OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Member's Trading Post > Optics For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR 2-12x32 scope & Minox 8-14x40ED binos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR 2-12x32 scope & Minox 8-14x40ED binos
    Posted: September/06/2007 at 19:13
I am, yet again, thinning out my collection of optics of all sorts (with marriage comes a realization that I can't keep every toy I buy).  I'll first post stuff here and if there is no interest, I'll post them on Ebay.

IOR 2-12x32 scope with MP-8 reticle, low 35mm rings and Butler Creek caps.  The scope is in very good to excellent condition.  It was only used at the range and taken care of well.    $900 shipped within CONUS.  For shipping elsewhere, contact me for a quote.

Minox 8-14x40 ED Vario binocular.  Brand new.  I only took them out of the box to look at the image (which is quite good, by the way) from my patio.  They were never taken out into the field.  ED glass really makes for great color and contrast.  $750 shipped CONUS.

I can snap some pics and e-mail them to you.

Thanks.
ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2007 at 19:30

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I am, yet again, thinning out my collection of optics of all sorts (with marriage comes a realization that I can't keep every toy I buy). 
Thanks.
ILya

the dark lord has a weakness you must be

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2007 at 19:38
And proud of it ::)  Anyhow, there are no suicidal tendencies in my family (that I know of). 

http://opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3820&PN=5& TPN=7

ILya
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2007 at 17:49
IOR is SOLD

Minox is still available.

ILya

Edited by koshkin
duke7581 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke7581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2007 at 14:17
how does the minox compare to the swarvoski or zeiss or any of the top binos never heard of them before and am looking at buying a good pair of binos.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2007 at 17:58
These particular Minox binos are fairly specialized due to their variable magnification: 8x to 14x.  I am not aware of any other manufacturer offering a binocular of similar configuration for comparison.  Leica has its Duovid binoculars, but the Duovids can be run in two settings only.  For example a 8+12x42 Duovid can be used at either 8x or 12x, but not anything in between.  Minox Varios are infinitely variable, so the 8-14x40 can be used at any magnification setting between 8x and 14x.  The tradeoff is the narrower field of view.  However, the rest of the image parameters are among the best I've seen: contrast, resolution and image flatness are superb. Overall, Minox binos are very good, especially the higher end ones which are just half a notch below top tier binos like Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss FL.  They do not cost as much though.

ILya 
Trot View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2007 at 23:15

oh no, I'm too late for the IOR, and this is my first post :(

Just a question about the IOR, what kind of dial knob are those on the 2-12x32 IOR? Target turret, or the hunting type in which you must first remove the cap??

Thanks 'neway

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2007 at 01:10
2-12x32 has turret caps that need to be removed first.  However, the turret itself is more of a "tactical type" it is reasonably tall and easy to grip.

ILya
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2007 at 14:26
All right.  IOR is sold, Minox is still available.  I'll be listing the Minox on Ebay later today.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic