OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

new scope for b-day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snuff48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new scope for b-day
    Posted: August/29/2007 at 20:39

hey finally got my new glass, it is a meopta meostar 3x12x56RD.

one piece tube, finger windage and eleva. ocular piece adjs to +-3 Dioptric, fully multi coated waterproof etc.......heavy scope the tube is even aluminum, hate to see what a steel tube is.

took it out last night about 9pm, WOW  HOLY $#$%#%^%^^&$, never had a decient scope done the tascos, bsa, simmons; i acttually like my simmons, it is on my .243 rem auto;   but hey what do i know.....  a huge difference day and night.  i had to come off the stand at dusk because i could not see, i acttually could use my bow long after i could'nt  see thru my other scopes. so it will be nice.

it is going on a savage 110 '06 w/ synth stock and sporter barrel.  got it a few years ago from wally world as an x-mas present from the wife and fam.  only $320 it came with a small 3x9 simmons, dropped a handfull of everything from it, nice and accuarte for a box job i am going to have the barrel laped and bolt twiked so she should tighen up nicely.  longest shot from it was 300yds 150lb boar behind the shoulder 165gr failsafe, stopped in its tracks.  have switched bullet though, trying the new federal fusions 165gr, read alot of good and bad from moly,  will revisit it in the future, pulled nice groups aat 200y zero.      so we will see..... later........

the "SNUFF"

FIREARMS- a few
MARKSMANSHIP-from great to what the hell!!!!!...it depends on the day, the rotation of earth and the pull of the moon, etc.
dead deer- a few
missed dear- >few
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 04:42

Good deal!!

Can you post some pics for us??

snuff48 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snuff48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 10:56

yea i will

i have read that not a more popular scope compny due to only word of mouth advertising not alot of glitz and flash to pay for, like some of the ones on the sports channels.  but they are getting a core following ........later

here they link:       http://www.meopta.com/index.php?id=203&lang=en

the "SNUFF"

FIREARMS- a few
MARKSMANSHIP-from great to what the hell!!!!!...it depends on the day, the rotation of earth and the pull of the moon, etc.
dead deer- a few
missed dear- >few
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 12:15

brother, you will absolutely love the scope -

every bit as good as the big boys - i have a 56mm meostar and i stay in the stand longer than my huntin buddies.

let us know what else you think about it.

J

bigant View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 13:04

I'm going to go with the 4-16x44 Meostar....where did you get your scope from?

-A

snuff48 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snuff48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 10:18
my father in-law, he got from one of his guys who he distributes to for sporting goods.  at cost i think or a bit above i think.  still working on the pic.
the "SNUFF"

FIREARMS- a few
dead deer- a few
missed dear- >few
snuff48 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snuff48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 10:40

here's the pic,  it is a monster.....

the "SNUFF"

FIREARMS- a few
dead deer- a few
missed dear- >few
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 13:09

Good deal!!

I predict some "low light encounters" in your near future, SIR!!   

Hell of rig for hunting out of a stand.

What rings, snuff?

Edited by cheaptrick
snuff48 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snuff48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 14:17

weaver all around

the "SNUFF"

FIREARMS- a few
dead deer- a few
missed dear- >few
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 14:25
Nice scope snuff, congrats.
Heitmann13 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heitmann13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2007 at 14:56
Looks nice.  What size of rings did you have to use?  Is that 56mm about sitting on your barrel?
snuff48 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snuff48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2007 at 18:38

yea, 30mm tube, the objective is still a decent way off the barrel high rings were used. 

if i could get away with it, because it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO    LOUD,,,,,,, i would have sat all night a few days ago with the moon to ding that damn armadillo tearing up everyones yards!!!!!!

Edited by snuff48
the "SNUFF"

FIREARMS- a few
dead deer- a few
missed dear- >few
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic