OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Blitzschnell springs don’t fit my Yugo!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryansd8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blitzschnell springs don’t fit my Yugo!
    Posted: August/29/2007 at 00:38
Howdy  folks. My dilemma is that my new #24 spring doesn't compress enough to allow me to fully reassemble my Yugo bolt.  Anybody have any theories on this? The springs are sold, and the more powerful ones seems to be longer. This new one is DEFINITELY longer than the old #19. How on earth is this new one supposed to fit?

Any gun nuts care to tackle this problem?
-- Baffled in Vancouver
I will give up my gun when they pry my cold, dead fingers from around it...
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2007 at 17:29
I've installed a Blitzschnell spring into a Yugo a year or two ago and did not have any problems.

ILya

bryansd8 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryansd8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2007 at 22:59
I have no doubt that some do fit. However the #24 didn't. You have to compress it as you well know in order for it to fit. I compressed it until all the coils were touching each other and it wouldn't go any further. The bolt retainer at the back still had to drop 1/8" before I could twist it and lock it on. The fit...wasn't even close. I ended up grinding off 1/8" of the coil, or about 3-4 "coils" to get it to work. Thanks for your reply.
I will give up my gun when they pry my cold, dead fingers from around it...
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2007 at 18:54

You do have the correct spring for the Yugo, don't you?  Not sure of the Blitzshnell model numbers, but the Yugo M48A is a shorter action than most other Large Ring Mausers. Regardless, you should be fine by carefully cutting it down as you indicated having done. ( I just noticed the date of the original post .Hope it all worked out.)

Ron 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic