OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Cust Service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Cust Service
    Posted: August/24/2007 at 10:17

It is non-existant.  They don't answer emails and I have called at least four times.  They won't let you talk to sales or cust service.  They are always "away from their desk."  And then they won't return the calls.

No Burris products for me.

They suck.

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 11:53

My Signature is on the way to them for repair as we speak. When I called recently I was answered promptly by a technician who told me what he thought the problem was.

Sorry your experience was different, I will report back after repair.

I have several Burris scopes dating back to a 1980 4x FF and have had no problems until now. I have to say that this 6-24 Signature may be more complex because of the Light Collector, which is the problem. This allows the use of the scope without having to use a sun shade and is effective. The technician said it was more than likely a lubrication issue. This scope has seen fairly rough use in the field for varmint hunting and carry.

Doug

Revolver Nuts View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolver Nuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 13:54
I had what I thought was a problem with a used 2 - 7 EER that bought on ebay. I called customer service at Burris and got an answer right away on the phone. They were very friendly and helpful.
Revolver Nuts
Thanks,
Revolver Nuts
NRA Endowment Lifer
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 15:58
Well lets call it 50-50 then because as far as I am concerned Burris SUCKS - I have had problems with two of their scopes in the last two years a 3-9 short mag and a 3-12 pistol scope. Both made trips back to the factory and after returned to me were just as bad as before essentially unusable at anything over about 6x.  I have gotten rid of them and am not inclined to buy other Burris products.  I do have a 1x Burris that has held up well and a Burris Spotting Scope that is relatively useful, but two out of four products have failed. I say if you go Burris stick with their higher end optics like the Euro and Black Diamond models.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
fourinone View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourinone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 18:45
My best guess is that they are ignorant or just don't care. But saying they just don't care is giving them too much credit!!
Can you see me now...
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 19:13
i have had a ffII for 7 years now and havent had a problem so saying burris sucks is a case by case thing i think
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 19:16
This is not the first time we have heard of Burris CS problems here at O.T. Obviously it must be spotty as many of these posts are from regular contributors. I would like to see more input on this as I have always considered their scopes to be well built and sturdy.
My 4x FF is the most abused scope I have ever owned and it has been on dozens of guns from .22 to .375 H&H. When I bought it I compared it to the M8 4x, Zeiss 4x and B&L Balfor 4x. I still have both the Burris and the Balfor. I will never part with the Burris, it is a beast. It still looks good on every gun it sees and is crystal clear and very bright for a 4x28.

Doug
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 20:22
Bought a fullfield ll back a couple years ago, lens was real fuzzy around the edges. Saw on some of the online optics sites where more than a few guys were getting these ones with lenses not clear to the edge. Sent it right back and pondered about a company letting so many scopes with such obvious poor optical quality pass right thru quality control, that I lost any desire for their products. Do you think them moving the optics plant from stateside to the orient has anything to do with customer service slipping?..........or maybe the berettatake over?........

focus

Edited by Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 21:05

Originally posted by Focus Focus wrote:

Bought a fullfield ll back a couple years ago, lens was real fuzzy around the edges. Saw on some of the online optics sites where more than a few guys were getting these ones with lenses not clear to the edge. Sent it right back and pondered about a company letting so many scopes with such obvious poor optical quality pass right thru quality control, that I lost any desire for their products. Do you think them moving the optics plant from stateside to the orient has anything to do with customer service slipping?..........or maybe the berettatake over?........

focus

i wouldnt doubt it for a sec, i dont care what people say but i still believe its hard to be the american working man when it comes to pride in a product especially when it a scope

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 21:12
Burris should have kept ALL thier products in the US, they WERE doing fine.....
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 21:15
im lucky mine was made here and its been a great scope so far no issues and its been sitting on a 300wsm all along

Edited by pyro6999
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 21:19

Almost everybody I know that has a US Burris is very pleased, some users for many many years.

Some of these new impoted products.....Burris also needs to improve thier customer service a

bit, I have heard quite a few complaints as of late. Companies should use this example and learn,

when you have something good going dont f^<% it up.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 21:27
thats one thing about leupold i will give them credit for
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 21:49
I think it is the FF's that are made in the Philippines now. The Signatures are still made here.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 21:50
i bet the short mag is made over seas too
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 22:36

The Signatures,BD,ED,XTR and FF tacs are made here I am not shure about the shortmags.

Leupold needs to lower thier prices=cut back on advertising and stop kissing @zz.

Leupold is outpricing themselves from even "yee most faithfull" now, thier new

website sucks it looks like it is catered to the guns & ammo crowd and they

have alot more less informed people on the phones now that do not even know

some of the products they carry. lets see what happens to thier "legendary"

customer service in the near future, Nikons is in a sh*t load of trouble now from

what I hear, all I hear is sh*t from there CS feedback as of late.

Edited by Trinidad
ServiceRifle View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServiceRifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2007 at 05:24

Am I correct in understanding that the Burris Xtreme 3-12x50 XTR are made here in the US?

I am considering purchasing one and knowing this would help immensely.

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2007 at 05:43

From what I've found the XTR is made here.

Welcome to O.T., Servicerifle.

Doug

Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2007 at 06:58
How are they making any optics in the US when they moved their entire operation to the pacific rim? Do you mean assembling stateside or actually making the scopes stateside? I understand they are moving all scope making operations to the orient for cheaper labor. How do you find out where any particular scope is being made? I doubt they are very forthcoming in their answers after years of bragging they were one of the few US made scope companies left. I also wonder how howa buying up pentax will effect the overall pic?
focus

Edited by Focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2007 at 07:24

My google search found a competitor who said where each model was made.

Also, Chuck Hawks had some info, FWIW.

Nowhere have I seen that they moved all production to the Pacific rim.

This same competitor also states the short mag is U.S.A. made.

Doug

Edited by tahqua
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic