OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Free Mike Vick!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Mike Vick!
    Posted: August/20/2007 at 22:06

Anyone else think that it is absurd for the federal gov't to be going after this idiot.  I am completely against dog fighting in every way shape and form.  But, this is a local issue.  I would think that after 9/11 and with a war going on, the federal gov't should have more pressing issues to fix.  Maybe the gov't could shift some of those resources off of Vick and onto securing the borders.  Does this mean that we are going to jail every idiot in this country who fights dogs?  If that is the case, I can assure you that we don't have enough prisons.  Also, since when can a dog be raped?  Mating stands are used by more than one legitimate breeder.  And, I am sorry, but you can't murder a dog.  As far as that goes, any ethical breeder is going to be forced to cull the rejects from his breeding program.  And no, I am not insinuating that Mike Vick is an ethical / legitimate breeder.  I see this case as one of sensationalism that is designed to shift attention away from more pressing issues.  Issues like our ridiculously pourus borders and the war effort.  I do think Vick is probably guilty as hell and should be facing charges.  But, I think the local D.A should be the one handling this case.  This is simply an example of the federal gov't getting involved into places that they have no business being in. 

ranburr 

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2007 at 22:09
maybe they did that to prove a point, that just because you are famous and have money doesnt mean you get away with it, but i totally agree with you on this.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2007 at 22:37

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

maybe they did that to prove a point, that just because you are famous and have money doesnt mean you get away with it, but i totally agree with you on this.

If that is the case, where were they during the O.J. trial?

ranburr

Guests View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2007 at 23:01
If I remember correctly, the feds are involved because more than one state is involved. The indictment came down in Virginia, but I think that one or two other states are in play here, making this a federal offense as opposed to individual local jurisdiction becoming involved......
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 06:44
Originally posted by ranburr ranburr wrote:

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

If that is the case, where were they during the O.J. trial?

ranburr

look at what happened to paris "grey bar" hilton hotel, her money got her out for a min then the judge got pissed and made a point to the world

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 09:37

Football Heros...  If you are getting paid millions to play a kids game, then don't be an idiot! 

My friends kid just made a small college baseball team.  The coach gave him a good understanding  of what he could and could not do. It's not like the guy has not known better for years.  Any form of gambling and sports do not go together. Ask Pete" I should be in the hall of Fame" Rose.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 10:18

i gotta be frank here - i have always thought michael vick was a thug, and a terrible role model for young atheletes.

i just hate that it took THIS long for that jerk to get in trouble.  Professional sports needs to stop paying millions to terrible
role models.  He is one of the most over-rated NFL players of all time.  Yeah, he's got some good moves - but nothing to
put in the record books as legendary.  Sportsmanship is a dying animal. 

he is getting 'support' for all the wrong reasons - he was breaking the law, and should be punished.

it's not just because he is michael vick - the MEDIA is blowing it up, not the feds - they go after nobody's all the time.

good riddance, Mike Vick.  Can't stand him - the NFL is better w/out him.

J

martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 10:40
the NFL for Michael Vick now stands for "Not For Long"
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 12:36

indeed.  i hope more follow him out the door.

cut salaries back.  and offer BIG money deals to folks that have manners and common sense.

and get rid of the thugs and riff raff.

long live college sports !!!!

J

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 14:11

You can take the (insert whatever you want) out of the (insert whatever you want) but you can't take the (insert whatever you want) out of the (insert whatever you want).

I think he's getting off easy

His above the law attitude and the grand scale of the operation had a lot to do with how and why they went after him so hard.  The details of how they tortured and killed the dogs being made public is what really did him in.  Some people say it is just because he is rich and famous that caused the prosecution to go all out.  I think money and power played more of a role as an enabler on his behalf.  Had he not been rich and famous the operation would not have been funded like it was and not able to be as far reaching as it was.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 14:24
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

You can take the (insert whatever you want) out of the (insert whatever you want) but you can't take the (insert whatever you want) out of the (insert whatever you want).

His above the law attitude and the grand scale of the operation had a lot to do with how and why they went after him so hard.  The details of how they tortured and killed the dogs being made public is what really did him in.  Some people say it is just because he is rich and famous that caused the prosecution to go all out.  I think money and power played more of a role as an enabler on his behalf.  Had he not been rich and famous the operation would not have been funded like it was and not able to be as far reaching as it was.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm a dog lover and Vick should be horse whipped for what he did!!

Funny how all his "homies" rolled over on him too.....  

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 15:12
Originally posted by jonbravado jonbravado wrote:

i gotta be frank here - i have always thought michael vick was a thug, and a terrible role model for young atheletes.

i just hate that it took THIS long for that jerk to get in trouble.  Professional sports needs to stop paying millions to terrible
role models.  He is one of the most over-rated NFL players of all time.  Yeah, he's got some good moves - but nothing to
put in the record books as legendary.  Sportsmanship is a dying animal. 

he is getting 'support' for all the wrong reasons - he was breaking the law, and should be punished.

it's not just because he is michael vick - the MEDIA is blowing it up, not the feds - they go after nobody's all the time.

good riddance, Mike Vick.  Can't stand him - the NFL is better w/out him.

J

AMEN x a million.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 16:34

I agree with everyone that Vick should be nailed.  My gripe is with who is doing the nailing.

ranburr

silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 16:38
Originally posted by jonbravado jonbravado wrote:

Sportsmanship is a dying animal. 

J

Best metaphor of the day!

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 17:48
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

I'm a dog lover and Vick should be horse whipped for what he did!!

Funny how all his "homies" rolled over on him too.....  

i wonder if snoop dogg threw is ass under bus?

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Guests View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 18:06
He copped a plea of guilty yesterday or today!!!!! I guess there will be no trial.......He`ll do some time but i believe that when his prison time is up, no NFL team will pick him up! Bad PR move for any team to acquire him!.....He`ll go on Larry King or Oprah or maybe even write a book
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 18:42

What a role model for our kids

Guests View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 19:02
Tahqua.............Where did you get that pic?........Are those hands for real or are they a photo shop job makeover?....I watch alot of NFL interviews, but I never saw him do that!....However, that doesn`t surprise me though!
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 19:26

I believe this is from the interview after the Saints kicked their butts and he flipped off the Atlanta fans.

http://www.smithappens.com/picture/383/Michael-vick-flips-of f-own-fans.html

What he did was for real, this pic may be dubbed.

Edited by tahqua
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 19:30

There's more about this P.O.S.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jEss5tY_o-A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic