OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper 10x42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 13 L A C K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper 10x42
    Posted: August/14/2007 at 20:50
I am really considering purchasing a Super Sniper 10x42 to put on my Weatherby Vanguard. I am really new on optics and would like some input on my scope selection. Also what rings and base is recomended to use? Thanks
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2007 at 21:00
for hunting????
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2007 at 22:09

It's too heavy for a hunting rifle unless its varmint hunting.

I have one and love it for target shooting and the occasional time when I'm hunting from a stand that wasn't a far walk from the atv.

Smitty

13 L A C K View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 13 L A C K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2007 at 21:47
It will be used for a Varmint hunting and mabey a whitetail within 150 yards for a neck shot. But majority of it will be used for Target shooting and varmint hunting. My budget is about 600, i noticed a 6-24x50 elite 4200 tactical. Is it any good for vamint and target?  I am real new to optics so any ideas for a scope at 600 or under is helpful. Thanks
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2007 at 02:24

If your prepared to spend the $$$, the 4200 Elite should meet you needs.

I think the SS 10x is the better value and more "cool". It's a genuine US issue sniper scope and it's fun using the mil dots.  10x is plenty of magnification, for me anyway. My longest shots are ~300 yards.  I have the $300 version and I can't see myself spending more to get a marginally better scope.

Smitty 

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2007 at 06:51
if your talking coyotes then i wouldnt use either, if your talking gophers pdogs chucks etc then ya i could see using them
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 13 L A C K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2007 at 19:12
Hmmm ill more than likely go with the SS 10x42 because my rifle is a 22-250 and i dont think ill do much shooting past 400 yards. Does anyone know if the SS 10x42 comes with a free sunshade? i know they sell em but was just curious if they throw a free one in . And thanks for the help everyone
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2007 at 20:53

I'll be glad to throw one in for free for ya as a welcome to O.T. gift.  Call and ask for either Chris or my nephew Christopher.

(972) SCOPE-IT

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 13 L A C K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2007 at 21:03

Wow thanks Chris. I will be ordering the SS 10x42 in about 2 weeks i got most of the money, just need to work a few more days. Once i get the money ill call and ask for you and do some ordering  . Thanks

pokechoke View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokechoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2007 at 13:28

Does the SS sunshade offer apply to "new" lurkers as well?  If so, I will give you a call and order a SS package too!

Thanks Chris! 

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2007 at 13:44

Ask for my nephew Chris II and tell him your username and email.

I'll keep the offer open for 3 more.

Edited by Chris Farris
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2007 at 23:48

Ok, I get the third and final shade!  Just kidding.

Mine came with a shade built-in and adding a longer one would be toooo long for my uses and it would make my rifle look funny.

smitty

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic