OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris quality control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris quality control
    Posted: August/13/2007 at 20:17

Hi, I've just joined - this is my first post.

I'm trying to research mid range scopes before I commit to buying. I'm looking at the 2-7x33 or 3-9x40 range (eg. Leupold VXII, Nikon Buckmaster, Burris Fullfield II, Bushnell elite 3200 and 4200) to put on my Ruger 308.

For some time now i've been emailing various shops asking for advice and prices (plus shipping - can be costly for some shops to send to Australia - some shops cheap!). The shop which has been really helpful and probably best price (www.competitor.com) has suggested that they're really concerned with Burris' quality control lately - so much so that he wouldn't recommend Burris to me.

Is any one else able to comment on this for me, as I was starting to like the look of the Burris Fullfield II for the price.

Maybe I should stick to the Leupold VXII??

Thanks,

Andrew

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2007 at 21:38
4200 is my pick. With Burris go with a Signature Select.
drew2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2007 at 06:14
Does Bushnell have a good warranty and service like Leupold offer?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2007 at 06:18
4200 or nikon monarch
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Rem700 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rem700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2007 at 07:46
I think that Bushnell has a one year no questions asked return policie then they guarantee it for life. Most mid to high end scopes have some kind of  guarantee if not for life. Another one I would recomend would be the Zeiss Conquest. It is more expensive but I found that it was worth the extra 100, but that was just a personal decision.
mochicken View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2007 at 09:53
Quality issues?    I just mounted a new Burris Signature Safari with posi-lock and with their balistic plex reticle on my Marlin 45-70.  The reticle was a custom shop add.  Sighted it in easily using medium signature rings and offset inserts.   Using the offset inserts I got to within 1.5" of dead center without touching the knobs.  Then put 50 rounds of Hornady LE 325g down the tube at various ranges to get a feel for the scope. What more can I say?  The scope dialed in easily and performed perfectly. Optics are sharp. rings don't scratch the scope and they didn't slip and i'm under 5 click from center on the knobs.    I was hiding 3 shots under a 1.5" circle at 50 yards and under a 2.5" circle at 100.  considering the holes in the paper are a whopping 5/8" dia. thats pretty dang good.  I see only positive qualites to comment on regarding Burris, Marlin and Hornady.
JDL25 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDL25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2007 at 12:35
It sounds like your doing your homework. I am glad to see you researching before you buy. The list of scopes you have are nice, I would humbly offer an opinion to look at the Sigtron SII. It can be had for a great price and is in my opinion tit for tat with the scopes your already looking at. Sightron also has a great warranty.
xanadu View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xanadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2007 at 10:15
 Not that looks are important ... but the BURRIS line are quality looking .... and the adjustments are SOLID ... besides being superior . Customer care is beyond leupold ... faster ... and they don't break down as often . My son pounds the heck out of his with his 300 super magnum and still dead on and never wavers ! Although his ammo costs a fortune to prove it to everyone ... LOL  He just had to have a rifle bigger than dad's ... but i've killed more deer of all sizes and breeds including one bear ... than he ever will with my trusty ole 30-06 . And I swap the scope and ammo and nail the heck outta varmits too --- not at $ 2.00 - $ 2.50 a shot -----  and that's not what he pays for his match ammo either .... even higher ! Am going to invest in one shortly and compare it to my Mueller scope which can't be beat in the mountains and range so far . But pappy needs a new toy ....
Been There Done That !!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic