OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Presidential Race - comments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 11:09
Tahqua................................That is funny! But! The thighs are too small. As a matter of fact, that nutcracker likeness is much better looking than the real Hillary!
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 11:13

The way things go in Washington is simple

money goes from corporation to lobbiest to politician

all the rest is smoke and mirrors for the public.

Duce

Duce
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 13:20

sad but true - with the major investors and special interest groups tied to every elected official...............

the people of this country will never be represented fairly, i'm afraid.

we need to clean house and have new election policies.  if the politicians are legit, they will keep their seats.

but that will never happen.

J

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 13:45

Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

Tahqua................................That is funny! But! The thighs are too small. As a matter of fact, that nutcracker likeness is much better looking than the real Hillary!

I think your right and it also has less facial hair.

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2007 at 15:12
I'm With Fred - Weekly Update

Greetings from Kansas City, Missouri!

This morning I spoke to the 108th National Convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars. It was an honor to meet with the men and women who are living symbols of our defense of freedom. It is because of their sacrifices that America is the bright, clear beacon of hope and freedom to those who don’t possess it.

FDT

It reminded me how much we owe to our men and women in uniform today, as well as those who have already shed blood for our freedom.

We are in a long struggle with an enemy that will stop at nothing to achieve their goals. I have faith we will win the war we are now fighting on multiple fronts, because I have faith in our fighting men and women.

We cannot predict the course our defense of freedom will follow, or the sacrifices that will be made … though we know what the outcome must be.

We can also be certain of some other things. That our defense of freedom is right. That the character of our troops is strong, and that we must continue to honor not only those who serve, but who have served. And that if we stand together, united as a people—as we have in times past—the cause of freedom will prevail.

signature

Polling Update

As Michigan considers whether to move its primaries up to January 15, 2008, and join other early action states, Fred Thompson finished first in polls in Michigan and South Carolina, and tied for second in Nevada.

Thompson Giuliani McCain Romney
Michigan:
EPIC/MRA (8/13/07)
22 19 16 12
South Carolina: Public Policy Polling (8/13/07) 22 18 11 17
Nevada: Research2000 (8/16/07) 18 18 8 28

Quotes of Note

“This kind of honesty and candor is only possible with a candidate for whom the truth is more important than the job. And it sounds like Fred is ready.”
Star Parker, president of the Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education, in Scripps Howard News Service

“He, I think, convinced a lot of people that he'll be a leader on those issues that impact Christian--traditional families.”
Steve Scheffler, The Iowa Christian Alliance, on NBC

“There is an authenticity about him (Thompson) that seemed to contrast with candidates really going back a couple of election cycles.”
Stephen Hayes, senior writer at The Weekly Standard, on C-SPAN’s Washington Journal

Fred on the Issues

A New York State of Mind

When I was working in television, I spent quite a bit of time in New York City. There are lots of things about the place I like, but New York gun laws don't fall in that category.

Anybody who knows me knows I've always cared deeply about the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. So I've always felt sort of relieved when I flew back home to where that particular civil liberty gets as much respect as the rest of the Bill of Rights.

Unfortunately, New York is trying, again, to force its ways on the rest of us, this time through the courts. First, they went after U.S. gun manufacturers, seeking through a lawsuit not only money but injunctive control over the entire industry. An act of congress in 2005 blocked, but did not end, that effort.

Now, the same activist federal judge from Brooklyn who provided Mayor Giuliani’s administration with the legal ruling it sought to sue gun makers, has done it again. Last week, he created a bizarre justification to allow New York City to sue out-of-state gun stores that sold guns that somehow ended up in criminal hands in the Big Apple.

The lawsuit has been a lesson in out-of-control government from the get-go. Mayor Bloomberg sent private investigators to make "straw" purchases – illegally buying guns for somebody else. According to the ATF, NY's illegal "stings" interfered with ongoing investigations of real gun traffickers.

Obviously, New York won't get much cash out of the few dozen shops being sued in Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, <

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
tenguage View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenguage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2007 at 06:56
Check out mike huckabee. He was the first governor to hold a concealed weapons permit, opposed the assault weapons ban, passed legislation to protect gun manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits and is a lifetime NRA member.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2007 at 17:23

Originally posted by tenguage tenguage wrote:

Check out mike huckabee. He was the first governor to hold a concealed weapons permit, opposed the assault weapons ban, passed legislation to protect gun manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits and is a lifetime NRA member.

...and he has no chance of winning the Rep. nomination.

No matter how much he or any other candidate supports the issues we care about, if he doesn't have good enough name recognition or sufficient financial backing to get the name recognition needed to compete, he has as much chance of winning the presidency as you or I do.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2007 at 17:53

If you ain't even in Win, Place or Show you have problems.  Everybody else is running for VP.  The media favors those it knows.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2007 at 09:33

that's correct -

we need to rally behind Thomson if he indeed runs - get him at LEAST vp spot behind one of the front runners.

J

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2007 at 09:39

I'm with fred....... But i guess ya'll could tell that already.

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2007 at 10:38

I am not trying to tell you who to vote for but, I just love this
?
?
?
?

?
?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ?
?
~ Thomas Jefferson
?
(This is why Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi and Hill ary Clinton wants gun control so badly! ) ?
?
?
?
?
?

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

?
1. ?An armed man is a citizen. ?An unarmed man is a subject.

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2007 at 11:42
[QUOTE=Bigdaddy0381]

I am not trying to tell you who to vote for but, I just love this
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ?
?
~ Thomas Jefferson
?
(This is why Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi and Hill ary Clinton wants gun control so badly! ) ?
Good words and no doubt Fred Thompson would agree!
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2007 at 12:29

1.6 Billion for prepackaged news

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02 /13/AR2006021301897.html

You Tax dollars at work???

Duce 

Duce
falfreak View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2007 at 17:31
I am voting for RON PAUL. PERIOD, he is not just a conservative he actually follows the CONSTITUTION.

He has

never voted for a congressional pay raise

never taken a government paid junkett

always returns a portion of his salary to the treasury every year

and DOES NOT participate in the HIGHLY lucrative congressional pension system

ronpaul2008.com dailypaul.com

one more thing - Fred Thompson is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, a group dedicated to big business and global government, BTW Newt is also a member. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but he would keep pushing open borders, SPP, and the north american union. On the surface I like Newt and Fred but I can't support them as they are CFR
Guests View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2007 at 21:46
falfreak..............Have some news for ya! Ron Paul won`t even see his name on a ballot, let alone any nomination for president. Way way down in the polls. What maybe, 1% or 2%......But remember, if too many conservatives stay away from the polls then it`s almost like a vote for Hillary! Do you want her as your president??
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2007 at 12:17

Have to admit I like Ron Paul he sound like and IKE Republican not the bunch we have now.

Duce

Duce
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2007 at 13:35

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2007 at 17:18
Fred Thompson was outstanding news to get up to this morning!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2007 at 19:07

Good thread, Johnny.

Sen. Fred Thompson did me a "solid" when The Warden and I resided in E. Tennessee.

He and his staff really went out of their way to help me get some "issues" from my former military life squared away.

Fred's good people!!   

Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2007 at 21:23
Hillary Clinton? Barack Obama?....................NO WAY!!!!.........................Fred, Rudy, Mitt, Newt, McCain, like them or not, are so much superior.............Fred is now in.......Good! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic