OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15X40 Tactical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15X40 Tactical
    Posted: July/31/2007 at 03:43

Hi

Firstly, Hi, this is my first post on this forum!

Please can anybody tell me what magnification the Busnell Elite 3200 5-15X40 Mil Dot Tactical (325154T)  is true mil dot at? Also, does this have the same reticle as the E4200, or similar to the Legend which I believe is a bit heavier.

I have heard from different sources it is true at 12x or 15x?? Is the number on the mag ring color red or something similar to identify this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2007 at 11:08

It has a 15x reticle that is the very similar to the Legend.

rich_morris View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2007 at 14:33

Thanks for that information Chris.

Unfortunately then that is not quite what I am after. Is the E3200 7-21X40 Mil Dot also true at 15x mag and similar to the legend. I was after something true at 10-12 mag.

Rich

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2007 at 16:56
Oddly enough it uses a 14x reticle.    The only rational I could think of is that it is in the exact middle of the scope's power range.  They should have made that scope a 6.5-20 with a 10x mildot that could also easily be used on 20x.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2007 at 01:35

Thanks Chris,

I guess that rules that one out for me too then! I do not suppose you can suggets a scope with 10x mil dot, that focus down to 10 yards. 3-12, 5-15, or 4-16 mag range or similar. Must be able to withstand spring gun recoil, around the $500 mark. About a 40mm objective would be ideal.

Rich

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2007 at 09:38

Two scopes come to mind.

Discontinued Weaver Tactical 4.5-14x40 FFP mil dot, a/o

Lightstream 4.5-14x44 FFP mil dot, a/o

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2007 at 04:25

How does the Sightron SII Big Sky SII 4-16x42mm  MilDot compare to these scopes. AO down to 10 yards.

Is it Airgun proof? At what mag are the mildots true?

Rich

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2007 at 11:54

We just picked up Sightron and I have not had the opportunity to use this scope.  According to their web site this scope A/O's down to 10 yards and has a 14x mil-dot.

Everything accept the SI is airgun rated according to the nice lady that answers their phone.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic