OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Experience with Swarovski Z6 1-6x24 EE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Experience with Swarovski Z6 1-6x24 EE
    Posted: July/28/2007 at 10:10
Anyone using one of these yet?  Have a new Lott I'm thinking about this scope for.
ND2000 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ND2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2007 at 11:19

Haven't used on a gun yet but have looked through it.  You will not be disappointed, to say the least.  If you can look through before purchasing, be sure to take it outside, preferably in late evening.  It will "shine".

I think the Z6 series may be the best scopes, optically, on the market (effectively a toss up in my eyes between these and Schmidt & Bender, with the Zeiss Diavari only ever so slighly behind).  My favorite, however, is the 1.7-10x42.

ND2000

You either get what you pay for or what you deserve.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2007 at 09:11
yes indeed the 1.7x10 kicks butt, and with the slight difference in power on the front end the extra magnification would make a better all around unit, unless size is of major concern. Now if Swaro will stop imitating zeiss with those dam plastic turrets and caps, I can get serious.
Qnn0 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qnn0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2007 at 16:31
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

yes indeed the 1.7x10 kicks butt, and with the slight difference in power on the front end the extra magnification would make a better all around unit, unless size is of major concern. Now if Swaro will stop imitating zeiss with those dam plastic turrets and caps, I can get serious.

I just checked my Swaro 2-12x50 and it has turrets and caps made of metal not plastic so maybe it's time for you to get serios :) Scope itself is just brilliant. 95mm eye relief and zoom starting with 2x makes it a true 1 scope for all solution.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2007 at 18:54

Sorry the one I tested was plastic turrets and caps don't know why the difference

although as good as the scope is, I could almost do it,

can't do it with the zeiss, though like paying wilson custom prices for a glock

Edited by Dale Clifford
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2007 at 19:20

Sorry the one I tested was plastic turrets and caps don't know why the difference

Sure about that?  I've never seen a Swaro with plastic turret caps.  Their caps are very thin and light, which I could see someone mistaking for plastic, but all of mine have aluminum caps.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2007 at 19:57
not really concerned about the caps, it's the turrets. didn't do an etch test, guy got yancy when the knife came out.
Qnn0 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qnn0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2007 at 07:41

not really concerned about the caps, it's the turrets. didn't do an etch test, guy got yancy when the knife came out.

You just have to leave $1500 to deposit for salesclerk and I'm sure there wont be any problems with etch test :)

Edited by Qnn0
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2007 at 08:47

yea and that doesn't include sales tax. the one I demoed was on a AR doorkicker carbine of a friend, and we tested the Z with a diavari, and a vx7 the same day. At a store the clerks are usually so busy, they wouldn't notice, and scratch tests work pretty good with just a paper clip. I'm hoping to check some more out in different stores and that I'm crazy because that is one hell of a scope. Most scope makers develop a product vertically, the Z were done horizontally-- not really much difference in the 1.7x10 or 2x12 in mag, but if one wants a big (50mm) or smaller version of almost the same thing. Talking gross generalities here, obviously the 50 would be better for the low light guys.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic