OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bullet trade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bullet trade
    Posted: July/26/2007 at 09:33

i have some 180 gr hornaday sst,scriocco 2, nosler ballistick tips, some 200 gr tsx,nosler accubond,speer something or another.

would someone be willing to trade a few of my 180' or 200's for some 165gr. maybe 10 or 15 of each for even swap?

just let me know.

Thanks

BIG .

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2007 at 18:56

How about some 168gr. Sierra Match Kings?? I don't have any 165gr though.

I got a box of 500 and could spare a few if your interested. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2007 at 10:47

Okay, what would you like from what i have.

i will only need 10 or 15.I'm just wanting to try something lighter.

Pm you addy and i'll send them up and some money for the shipment back down.

Big

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2007 at 12:39
A box of 168 gr Horniday A Max Molly coated would be a good investment for .30 cal

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2007 at 13:46

I finaly got some 165.i bought some nosler ab and some nosler bt.

i ran 78gr  RL22 with the ballistic tips and shot 5.i could have coverd them ALL up with a dime.

with the ab i had 76 gr of H4831sc and put 5 just under quarter size @110 yards.

i thought it was a good day i went to take camera phone and shoot some pics of the targets.well dang thing was DEAD i was a little ticked. best shooting i think i have ever done at a range and no way to show.

anyways i loaded up a test load of a 180 swift and blew my ejecter pin and spring out.it took me 20 minutes to get the shell out of the end of the bolt. so now i was really ticked.

anyways thought i would share.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2007 at 20:34
bt are well known for being very accurate, but they can be to destructive at times to meat! i just loaded a batch of 140gr ab's for my 280 i hopefully get to shoot them this weekend they worked great in my 6.5 rem mag and i think they are a great bullet for hunting.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2007 at 12:29

Cool let me know how it works out. after i get back from my trip I’m going to start working on a load for a ruger m2 280 for a cousin. He thought reloading was a waste of time until we went to the range. he has 1 box of Ga arms ammo and a box of federal ammo. The ga arms hit dead middle of target with all shots after he ran out he started the federal was 7 inches low. He thought he was pulling them. he went and bought some ammo the range had loaded up and it still hit 4 inches low. We went back to ga arms bought 2 more boxes and poi went back to zero. Well now he wants to tune a load for his gun. I guess it showed him how different ammo shoots different.

so now my loading is for a  300 , 30/30, 30/06, 270, 280 ,243 that’s good time.

I also started a gun smith apprenticeship last night. I took apart and cleaned a few guns from top to bottom.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2007 at 17:44
i can share load info on everything you listed let me know, i may have to call my old man on the 30-30 though cause i havent reloaded them in years i think i used 3031 but i maybe wrong there, yeah i hear you on how people dont get it that factory ammo varies even from bullet type to bullet type even for the same caliber. i cant stand not reloading ammo just cause im picky.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2007 at 06:55

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i can share load info on everything you listed let me know, i may have to call my old man on the 30-30 though cause i havent reloaded them in years i think i used 3031 but i maybe wrong there, yeah i hear you on how people dont get it that factory ammo varies even from bullet type to bullet type even for the same caliber. i cant stand not reloading ammo just cause im picky.

thanks man,

I will get with you on some of these in a few weeks for some tips.

Thanks again

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2007 at 08:04

A tip to share on getting a broken stuck shell out: The other day I blew the back off my 300H&H shell (from reloading to many times!!). Okay I tried this and that and being a Sat afternoon no gunsmiths and the likes. I could see my Sunday shoot go funny.

So time for a plan. I gently tapped a bullet in from the rear through the broken case untill it touched the lands. The idea was to seal the barrel. I then made up a small ball of quickset steel (Like Pratleys) and with a cleaning rod pushed it also into the rear of the case against the bullet. The idea was to glue the bullet to the case. I had a cup of coffee (it was 5 min setting time) and pushed the cleaning rod from the front untill it touched the bullet and "tap" and the case popped out like a charm.

Please note if you glue the bullet or case to the barrel or action, do not phone me!!!!

But this simple method really worked like a charm.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic