OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR 6x30 M2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR 6x30 M2
    Posted: July/14/2007 at 16:14

Hi everyone, I am the newest of the new when it comes to rifle scopes so please bear with everything!  All I have experience with is iron sights and Aimpoint M2 1x (which I really like)

I have recently gotten a new AR (5.56-.223), chrome lined 18" barrel, and my intention is to make it sort of a "DMR", 200-550, 600y at most (and kinda pushing it).  Flattop with no irons (right now, though later I may pick up a set of flip sights).

I have been looking at the IOR 6x30 due to it being relatively compact and perfect (I think) for what I want.  However I have some questions about it.  I read on the IOR website that their 4x32s have BDC cams (M2 for .223 is what I want) but I didn't see it mentioned about the 6x30 scopes.  I assume it's pretty much the same thing as the 4x32 only with a 35mm tube instead of 30mm, is this correct?

Also, does anyone here have any experience with the 6x30?  I went through all pages in the tactical scopes forum but saw no topic about the scope in question, only the 6x42.  I am looking to get the one with the NATO reticle because it has the 1m object height chart on the bottom.

Thank you.

Edited by RedClaw
RedClaw View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2007 at 08:31
Anyone?
Goju View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2007 at 11:35
Bump - as I am interested in this optic too..
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2007 at 12:46
A couple of comments:

IOR 4x32 scopes are a part of their Hunting line-up and do not have BDCs.  I think you are referring to the 4x24 scopes which can be purchased with BDCs calibrated for either 7.62x51 (M1 version) or 5.56x45 (M2 version).

IOR 6x30 scopes which is a somewhat different design (35mm tube and all) can be purchased with either one of the BDCs: 308 or 223.  Keep in mind that the 6x30 comes with a set of 35 rings (made by TPS, I believe), so when you purchse it you need to specify the ring height.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic