OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mossberg Bolt-Action Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mossberg Bolt-Action Rifle
    Posted: September/21/2004 at 15:35

I saw one of these at Walmart for $245.00.  I did not know they had any rifle other than a single shot.  It is not on their website.  I am guessing that it is brand labeled, maybe a Howa.  I was not able to handle it.  Does anyone know anything about this rifle?  It looks like it might be a good "loaner" rifle.  I get hit up several times a yr to loan people rifles and I am getting tired of seeing dings and scratches on my guns that I did not put on them.  This might be a cheap way of providing something for those buddies of mine that I can't say no to.

ranburr

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2004 at 14:54

i didnt even know they made a single shot, its new to me. i'd have to see the action atleast to get an idea about who might make it for them.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2004 at 17:34

Was it their bolt action shotgun by chance???

Edited by Chris
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2004 at 21:38

Nope, that is a discontinued slug gun.  I went back today and handeled it, it is a push feed .30-06.

ranburr

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2004 at 23:14

If that rifle has a Howa barreled action, buy it!!!! The barreled action dist. cost is @ $350 alone. I know that Marlin made a bolt action for a short period of time. Did you get a close look at the barrel markings?

P.S. Hey ranburr, I just noticed that we were demoted. Did I miss the recertification notice?????

Edited by Roy Finn
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2004 at 11:49

Roy, that Marlin, (MR7?) was actually made by Howa.  I am guessing that this is the same case.  I could find no markings on this thing other than the Mossberg stuff.  And yes, Chris finally had enough of our stupidity and rantings, so he demoted us. That Chris is a mean guy, I mean you disagree with him once and your cast into pergatory.  Actually, he explained what happened with the new ranking system in a Knewt's thread here in anything goes.  Hey don't feel bad Roy, I am sure that SWFA is going to give us a 50% discount on all products to help us with our pain and suffering!  At least that is what my attourney says!

ranburr

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2004 at 12:16
That just gave me a good idea.  Some sort of discount that is attached to each level of rank.
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2004 at 14:58

hmmm....chris, i like that. 50% off means i get twice as much, lol.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2004 at 16:36

I forsee protracted litigation from this unwarranted action. Or a free Lenspen.

ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2004 at 20:51

I did a little research and I think that this rifle might be a rebirth of the Charter 2000 Field King.  There are a lot of similarities between the two.

ranburr

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2004 at 22:30
There is one that I am not familiar with. But, if you feel so inclined, what do you have to loose. I'll bet there won't be any 3-9x40 Zeiss scope on that Wal-Mart special!!!!
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2004 at 01:56

I'm thinking about stepping down to a 4200 Elite on this dog. 

ranburr

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2004 at 21:36
Why not shoot for the moon and go with a BSA!!!
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2004 at 22:06

Is there really any gun so bad that it desearves a BSA?

ranburr

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2004 at 22:15
Didn't Charter Arms import "throw aways" 25 cal. autos?
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2004 at 22:24

They may have had a few import .25acp cheapies.  They also had a .380acp that was made by mauser and they made a line of snub nosed revolvers, the most famous of which was a five shot .44 special (Bulldog).  They went out of business several times and when they last came back they had a bolt-action rifle that looked a whole lot like this Mossberg.

ranburr

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2004 at 22:47
Hey Ranburr, I just got done reading an article in the Oct. issue of GunHunter ( by Buckmasters ) regarding the Vanguard and Mark V. In the article, it stated the that the Howa's have been used in Legacy Sports International,Charter Arms,Mossberg and Smith&Wesson. Just thought you would like to know. Take care.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic