OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OSHA Ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karrde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OSHA Ban
    Posted: July/04/2007 at 21:52

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat &Number=223580&page=1#Post223580

I just read this thread on SH a few minutes ago.  Anyone else heard about this??

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2007 at 06:21
yucky, i guess  they figure if they cant take away our guns lets take away the gun powder so there guns are usless.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2007 at 06:46
Yep, P, they're like ants. They just keep coming from every direction.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2007 at 07:29

is this just for small arms? i am reading through it now, but only parts make sense so far.

this is ridiculous.  Would it help contacting our senators?

J

Karrde View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karrde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2007 at 09:56

well, they said you go to http://www.regulations.gov/ and post your comments until July 12...I've already given them my two cents worth.  I would figure that more from the shooting community would, but there's only 15-20 comments on there when I went to the page last night.

I've already emailed both of my senators.  Good thing about being in 'bama, both of mine are pro-gun.

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2007 at 14:30

I sent an eamil to everyone I know and made it into a chain letter for them to send to shooters/Hunters or not I ask for them to mail everyone they know,have know or will know on this matter.I have mailed all of my local officals the state officals,the fed Officals,OSHA,and (bush's office)I know this probably will not pass but I erdge you to write who every you can on this matter.If we the shooting/hunting communtiy dosen't put a foot down now the fight will never end and they will keep trying to slide stuff like this in on bills and laws that dosen't matter to us just to get them thru.It only takes a few second to sends this out.

Thanks for your help in this matter we ALL have something at risk here......

Big

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2007 at 14:39

This is a reply i got back

Thank you for contacting me. Representing the State of Georgia in the
United States Senate is an honor and a privilege.

I appreciate hearing from you and knowing your concerns. This automated

response serves as a receipt of your e-mail message and allows me to
respond to your direct question or comment in a more timely manner.

*** If you are having a problem with a specific government agency, the
Federal Privacy Act of 1974 requires that I have your written
authorization, signed by you, in order to contact the agency about the
problem. Since electronic communications do not meet the requirements
of
the Federal Privacy Act, please call 1-800-234-4208 or visit my website

and select "How Can I Help You?" from the menu at the left, then select

"Case Work" for information on beginning the process.***

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. I look forward to
staying in touch.

Very truly yours,
Saxby Chambliss

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2007 at 19:04

Contacting "ANY" government agency on this "OSHA/CLINTON agenda is useless. They will only poll the interest generated by this action to see if they are being affective in their tactics!!!  CONTACT any unified sportsman organization or the NRA and ask them how much you can donate.!!  Evey state or close to it has a group like this. If they dont, call a buddy that lives in a state that does.

If gunpowder and primers will be considered an "explosive" or a weapon of mass destruction, maybe they should look at OIL and GASOLINE in the same light!!!!!!

hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2007 at 19:11
Small arms has nothing to do with it. Its aimed at the powder manufacturers in an effot to cripple them..  The statistic states it will cost them in excess of 100 million dollars annually until they have met their goles!!  Being AWARE is not being PARANOID, dont think for a second that this agenda wont go somewhere.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 10:01
i agree hot30 history is telling me that a communist country is on the horizon the way its going now thats the first step to a communist  govt is disarming the people. so if its not one thing its another.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 10:55

All it takes is a village

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 16:09
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

How appropriate!!

That creature scares the bejebers out of me.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 16:25
i think i will commit harry carey if she gets elected so i am sitting down to write my will today    
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 16:35

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i think i will commit harry carey if she gets elected so i am sitting down to write my will today    

Hey, FT, we need more people like you and less of them.

They may be lemmings when it comes to jumping on PC bandwagons, too bad they kind find a sea side cliff.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 17:12
i dont know doug i almost think im too much of an extremist, i unfortnately think that any one who hates what we love doesnt deserve to be here but then i remember that this great land was created to promote freedom of all, so in a sense i am no better than they are. i spent a a couple of hours on monday talking to a friend of mine who was in iraq for 1.5 yrs and all the stuff he was telling me just blew me away, i thanked him probably 10-12 times for doing what he did and told him i was glad he made it back in one piece, so i now have a stronger sense of what's going on there and how proud of our men i am, and then he comes home and they are trying to take away gun powder from him??
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 21:31

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 21:39
here is another issue to think about instead of our own govt taking our guns away its more than likely going to be nato forces, just so the us govt doesnt look like the bad guy, and if they start on the east coast and work there way west its going to get harder and harder on the people trying to take the guns away, it would end up being a snipe and hide type deal with the nato guys being picked off until they start using aircraft.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 22:04
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Somewhere there is a village missing their idiot.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 23:51

She remindes me of ROSIE-O-FAT---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just think of the WHITEHOUSE parties with the "2" of them in there..   I love my country, theres nothing wrong with it, just the entities that run it!!  

Today was my birthday 7-7-7,  wife likes to keep me fired up so we sat down after dinner and watched SHOOTER.

hot30 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hot30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2007 at 23:58
Im hoping before its all over that WE would be NATO.  Lead by example, not by " HOW YOU ARE LEAD"!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic