OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swift Rifle Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swift Rifle Scopes
    Posted: July/04/2007 at 11:28
I have always appreciated Swift scopes for their optical clarity, ruggedness, maintaining poi and trackability, for a reasonable price.  I purchased most before China became a real big problem and quit buying them when they did, as they were manufactured there.  The new Swift Premier scopes are now manufactured in the USA with Schot glass.  So I took the plunge and ordered one today off of SWFA, the 676M, a 4x12 40mm AO inch tube.  Just out of curiosity, I checked other sites and they had this same model scope at the same price with free shipping, but the picture was of and older model scope.  I knew SWFA would not do that and took the safest approach and ordered from them.  Now the old scopes were very good to me.  I had recently posted, that I purchased a Burris FFII for a rifle and picked up a Swift sitting in my closet to compare, before mounting.  Well, the Swift ended up on the rifle.  I purchased an Interarms Mark X in a .308 in what appears to be mint condition off of www.gunbroker.com and should arrive within a week and will probably mount it on this rifle, despite the fact the rifle was purchased as a project rifle for a wildcat caliber I am trying to develop with a fellow down in Texas.  But, will see how it shoots first with the Swift and I will post a rewiew of the scope and rifle after a thorough trial at the range.  I will work up some handloads based on the chamber of the rifle to get the best accuracy, as opposed to factory ammo.  Will keep you informed.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 11:37

Tagged for AAR. 

Thanks Dolphin.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 12:04

Tageed here, too.

I have two pairs of their binoculars and a spotter and have been quite happy with the quality. All are of Japanese manufacture.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 12:16
i still like there warranty break it take it back to where you bought it they give you a new one over the counter no questions asked. im thinking of buying the exact same scope for my 22-250 let us know how it holds up
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 12:23
I have not heard from you in awhile pyro6999.  You doing ok?
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 12:25
Oh, by the way, my Olympic Arms K3B, after approximately 3 months on backorder, is arriving at my FFL tomorrow.  Can't wait.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 13:24
Swift scopes are made in the US?  I have not heard of that.  Do you mind sharing that source of information?

ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 13:33
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 13:40
I saw that, too, and was wondering if it is just the prisms that are made here.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 13:43
I think Swift's marketing was copying/pasting the specs from their binoculars:  they are referring to prisms made of Bak7 glass.  There are no prisms in Swift riflescopes.

As for Swift scopes, I was pretty sure that they were made in Korea (Premier) and China (the rest).

ILya
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 13:45
You are good ILya, as far as me.............DUH
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2007 at 13:52
i wasnt sure about that either but i figured i would paste it
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2007 at 08:23

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I think Swift's marketing was copying/pasting the specs from their binoculars:  they are referring to prisms made of Bak7 glass.  There are no prisms in Swift riflescopes.

As for Swift scopes, I was pretty sure that they were made in Korea (Premier) and China (the rest).

ILya

I saw the wording regarding the Bak7 prisms and completely disregarded that as some type of typo.  The original premiers were made in China, as I have several.  That is what caught my eye more than anything.  Well, guess what I am going to do today.  Call Swift and find out just where they are made.  Because, if it is made in China, guess what, I will try to switch it out for the Sightron SII that I mentioned.

Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2007 at 13:43
Well, a call to the company and it is the glass that is made in this country.  The glass is catalogued as Bak7, despite the similarity to the terminology used in prisms.  The use of the term prism, in the specs, is a mistake.  The Premier line is assemble in Korea.  Now a dilemna.  Try it, or go for the Sightron SII.  What do you guys think?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2007 at 21:42
Bak7 is a pretty good glass for a lens, but it is not a competitive advantage in any way shape or form.

Swift Premier scopes have always been made in Korea, so that is not a change.  As for Sightron SII, it is a better scope than Swift Premier (at least from my experience).

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic