OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Caps for binos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caps for binos
    Posted: July/01/2007 at 15:12
I have a pair of Nikon Monarch ATB 10X42 binos.  What I was wondering was if you could but butler creek flip up caps on the objectives.  The caps that came with it are kind of worthless they just fall out all the time and i dont want to lose them.  I was just wondering if that would work?
bald1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bald1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2007 at 15:59
Originally posted by Sneaky Sneaky wrote:

I have a pair of Nikon Monarch ATB 10X42 binos.  What I was wondering was if you could but butler creek flip up caps on the objectives.  The caps that came with it are kind of worthless they just fall out all the time and i dont want to lose them.  I was just wondering if that would work?

I don't know why not.  I just fitted my Pentax 8x32s with EO objective covers which cost me $7 shipped.  They have a set for the same price that fits 42mm bins.

-Bob

Minox BD 6.5x32 IF
Leupold Yosemite 8x30 NWTF
Pentax 8x32 DCF-WP
Pentax 9x21 UCF-mini
Orion 9x63 Mini-Giants
Vortex 10x42 Diamondback

Edited by bald1
Jumbi View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2007 at 16:16
Where exactly did you get the lens covers?
bald1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bald1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2007 at 18:56
Jumbi,

The text editor here kills stuff thought to be a competitor, so when I originally tried to identify it in my post I ended up having to rewrite things.  EO is the abbreviation for the outfit where I got my covers.  Try googling "EO bino*" and that should help you.

--Bob
Jumbi View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2007 at 09:08
Thanks, I appreciate it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic