OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Army Marines Airforce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Army Marines Airforce
    Posted: September/16/2004 at 19:08
has anyone on this forum served in any of these branches? i may be joining the service after the end of the year and i would like to hear opinions and experiences with your respective branches.... thanks alot appreciate your time
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2004 at 20:36

5yrs in the U.S. Army, two of which were attached to the USMC.  Also served on two joint task force.  I would recommend the service to any young man interested.  I liked the Army and the Marines are a great bunch of guys.  The Navy treats their people poorly unless you are a submariner (good guys), a SEAL (overrated), or an aviator (flakes).  The Air Force had no military bearing, but they do treat their people well.  The Coast Guard is made up of a great bunch of guys, most of which jumped ship from the Navy.  My views on the branches will probably start a flame war and there are exceptions, but my views are based on my own experiences and I stand behind them. 

ranburr   

300rem7 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300rem7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2004 at 07:29
5 yrs in the Navy (SSBN 738G). We got to do some things with the Marines but not much. Like ranburr and everyone else I have my own opinions based on what I have seen.
nodark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nodark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2004 at 08:08
Army here as well and again with my own personal opinions but you can PM if you want any info I may be able to provide for you.
Lost in Harlingen...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic