OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

mil dot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MN Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mil dot
    Posted: September/15/2004 at 13:15
I purchased a Super Sniper 8x40x56 from you 2 years ago this month. (Should have bought 3.)

Other mil dot scopes I own (BSA to Leupold) have much coarser lines and dots. Harder to use when the dogs are way out there. So, my question is,
what other mil dot reticles have a very fine reticle like the no longer available 8x40x56?

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2004 at 15:14

the elite 6-24x40 has a thinner reticle than the super sniper does. the SS was available in 8-40x56??? i never seen, or heard of one of them, can you post a pic here, id love to see it.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
MN Shooter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MN Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2004 at 09:44
There are 3 pictures here:

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=23069061

Thanks for the info on the Elite.

I had a Bushnell Legend 5x15 w/mildot. Great scope for the price, but, for me, was nearly useless due to the width of the lines. On 12 the cross
hair would cover a dog and a half at 300 yds!

BSA 6x24x40 and 6x24x42 are finer, but the 8x40x56 has me spoiled.

Maybe Chris could weigh in on the Elite vs the current fixed power SS.

Randy
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2004 at 18:10

Super Snipers were never available in anything other than what we sell today.  That scope was called a Custom Shop.

All mil dot reticles will subtend the same moa when placed on the power they are calibrated for.  I am pretty sure the 8-40 had a 10x reticle in it, so it would appear pretty fine on higher powers in a second plane scope.

Of the current production scopes we sell the Elite 4200 6-24x40 by far has the finest mil dot reticle.  It uses a 12x reticle with fine post.

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2004 at 22:16

thats what i thought chris, but i ddint want to start a big arguement.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
giuseppe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giuseppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2006 at 11:53
Originally posted by Chris Chris wrote:

Of the current production scopes we sell the Elite 4200 6-24x40 by far has the finest mil dot reticle.  It uses a 12x reticle with fine post.

Hi Chris,

I have a Bushnell legend 5-15x40 mildot and I know that it is a little coarse mildot.

I wolud know if it is possible if the Elite 3200 mildot (I am referring to the 7-21x40) is the same thichness of the Elite 4200 mildot, or the 4200 mildot is finer? And if the Elite 3200 7-21x40 is a 10x or 12x mildot reticle.

Thank for your help

Giuseppe from Italy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic