OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New MONARCH vs. ZEISS CONQUEST?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New MONARCH vs. ZEISS CONQUEST?
    Posted: June/04/2007 at 15:45
Well I was just looking up the new Monarchs and it seems to have everything the Zeiss has plus a side parallax adjustment and 4x erector for basically the same price. So is the Zeiss still the favorite under $500.00 ? Are the new Monarchs any better optically than the old ones?
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2007 at 16:04
If they're just as good, their better.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2007 at 18:03

I had bad luck with a Monarch and have always had very good luck with Conquest.  I had a Monarch, mounted it, shot it, hated it, sent it back, and now have a Zeiss mounted.

I hear my experience is the exception rather than the usual - but I can only recommend based on my experience - and I won't be buying Monarch.

in my opinion, spend the extra $$ for the Zeiss - and buy it here, off the SampleList is best, save a few bucks and get the full lifetime warranty.

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2007 at 18:34

Do the new monarchs have etched reticles? I consider them to be better than wire reticles for staying black under all light reflection conditions. I'm sure there will be plenty of guys giving comparisons and feedback now that the new monarchs are released......I may be one of them  

focus

I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 09:13
Originally posted by Focus Focus wrote:

Do the new monarchs have etched reticles?  

focus

Great question.

Certain Nikon reticles now are lasered, but what about the NikoPlex on the new ones?? 

The Monarch will remain with metal turrets, (I assume) to the Conquest's plastic.........

Standing by for Rancid Coolaids rebuttal......... 

Edited by cheaptrick
waylan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waylan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 11:24

Originally posted by DAVE44 DAVE44 wrote:

Well I was just looking up the new Monarchs and it seems to have everything the Zeiss has plus a side parallax adjustment and 4x erector for basically the same price. So is the Zeiss still the favorite under $500.00 ? Are the new Monarchs any better optically than the old ones?

Monarch's new "EYE BOX" has a constant 4" eye relief on any and ALL magnification settings (THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE IN 4X magnification multiple), minimized overall lengths while maximizing mount ring spacing capability, massive ocular lens that delivers an exceptionally bright, high resolution sight picture, maximum field of view, interchangeable turret technology and and a 4x magnification ratio throughout the entire line...ie; 2.5-10, 3-12, 4-16, 5-20 and 6-24 (most scope manufacturers give you less than 3 times magnification zoom capability)  --This explains the New Monarch lines excellence in new, superior design and very finest quality/value in riflescopes from $400 to $800.

All this, combined with the revolutionary BDC reticle results in a riflescope line that pushes the limits of optical perfection.

Nikon Monarch riflescopes have always had the highest light transmission possible with a complete 5 lens design (like Scmidt and Bender, Zeiss, Swarovski, etc...)  95% light transmission to your eye.

--Nikon's proprietary anti reflection multicoating technology boosts light transmission up to its theoretical maximum---95%.  Just as Schmidt and Bender states.

Waylan Owens
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 13:02
whoa-- more than I'd hoped for. but really pushes the limits of optical perfection, come on I remeber when nikon started making scopes for the us market-- you guys didn't even give warranties.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 15:15

Welcome to The OT, waylan!

Will the new Monarch have laser etched reticles??

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 15:25

Wow, a Nikon rep, welcome; some here have been asking about you for awhile.  You've got some work to do!

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 15:36
All that and waylan failed to answer my one question.....does the monarch line have etched or wire reticles?

Far as plastic turret caps vs aluminum....smack each a good blow with a mallet and see which one collapses and which is still usable. Plastic can be pretty tough, they don't smash flat at all when hit.....don't do the aluminum unless you got a spare

focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 17:22

4X magnification multiple + 4" fixed eye relief........

4x4!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic