OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

ior

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ior
    Posted: June/04/2007 at 15:33
anyone know if the 1.5x8 35 is ffp or sfp?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2007 at 16:23
sfp
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2007 at 16:27
thanks torn between it and a leo 1.5  for a robinson xcr
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2007 at 16:56
Very different price ranges (I am assuming you ar talking about a 1.5-5x20 MR/T).

IOR 1.5-8x26 is a better scope in every way I can think of except for weight )it is a couple of ounces heavier), but it costs more.

A better comparison against the Leupy is IOR 1.1-4x26.  Then both scopes are very close in size, weight and price.  I prefer IOR's CQB reticle to Leupy's SPR, but that is a personal choice.

Both scopes are pretty tough, mechanically.  Optically, the difference is a bit more significant.  IOR glass is clearer, resolves better and has a substantially wider field of view, making for a considerably faster target acquisition.

I may be wrong on this, but I think Leupy's actual magnification range is 1.5-4.5x, so you would not give up a whole lot on the high mag end.

ILya

Edited by koshkin
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2007 at 17:03
interested more in the m2 turrets on the Leo, the reticle on the ior however-got to love it. curious to see if the 1.5x4 leo was as ---hmmm-- marginal as my mk4 4.5x14x50.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2007 at 17:11
I've played with the M2 turrets on the Leo and I think they are quite good.  However, I was quite disappointed with the SPR reticle.  IMO, it is too thin for a scope of this type.  IOR's CQB 223 reticle (thinner than the original CQB) is also a little thinner than I would have liked, but it is still faster than SPR.

IOR's adjustments are also not too shabby: very positive and repeatable clicks.  However, the 35mm scope has 1/4 MOA clicks, while the 30mm 1.1-4x has 1/2 MOA clicks and lower profile turrets which I prefer.

ILya
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2007 at 17:18
I could certainly live with 1/2 moa since reticle has BDC built into the reticle and lower is better. hmmmm thanks. new direction to ponder
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2007 at 21:48

As long as I'm here I might as well muddy the water a little. Here is the one I like:

212326 IOR 2-12x32 Tactical 35mm Rifle Scope                       IOR 2-12x32 Tactical 35mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Illuminated MP-8
  • 35mm
  • Side Focus
  • Free IOR 35mm Low Rings w/ Purchase
SWFA: $1,199.95
More Info... Buy Now

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2007 at 22:16
I have the 2-12x32 on my 6.5Grendel.  It is a very nice scope, but a very different animal because of the MP-8 reticle.  For a robincon XCR I would think that a lower range scope with a more visible reticle like the CQB is a better option.

ILya
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 13:13
Got medium and long range stuff in ar's , also ACOG, and Eos looking for low power out to 300 yrd. will be using mostly 65 gr sp or 75 vmax if they will staballize in the 1x9  handloads loaded down for use with a noise supressor, out to 300 yds. max. torn between 2.5x10 nightforce fc-2 reticle and the IOR Qcb. in approx. same range.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2007 at 18:55

I think that the comp M4 aimpoint is a nice out to 300 yd optic or the new EoTech with the flip to side 4x

5574XFTS New EOTech 557 Military Holosight                           New EOTech 557 Military Holosight
  • .223 Ballistic Reticle
  • 4X Magnifier
  • Flip-To-Side Mount with Quick Detach
  • Compatible with Gen I-IV Night Vision Systems
SWFA: $1,098.95
More Info... Buy Now

It all depends on how accurate you want to be at 300 and I would think the IOR I mentioned  having wider magnifiication range than the Nightforce would put it in the running. I like the MP8 reticle but up close nothing beats an EOTech unless the batteries ran out and if battery life is an issue the Comp M4 is the winner up close.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2007 at 18:29
I have not yet tried the magnifiers for EOtech or for Aimpoint.  What kind of field of view to they give you?  eyerelief?

ILya
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2007 at 09:32

The EOTech  have not been released to the public yet. The field of view will be altered considerably between using the 4x and flipping it to the side but what is hard to see is why it costs $798.95 for a 4x magnifier , thats a little rough eaven if it is cool and flips to the side.

It leaves me thinking:

849415 Weaver 4x38 Classic K4 Series Rifle Scope                   Weaver 4x38 Classic K4 Series Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Dual-X
  • 1"
SWFA: $124.95
More Info... Buy Now

With Weaver see through rings, it's kind of the expensive way to get here:

849400 Weaver 1-3x20 Classic V3 Series Rifle Scope                 Weaver 1-3x20 Classic V3 Series Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Dual-X
  • 1"
SWFA: $149.95
More Info... Buy Now

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic