OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New IOR 2.5-10x42 Hunting 30mm Specs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New IOR 2.5-10x42 Hunting 30mm Specs?
    Posted: May/31/2007 at 16:33
I ordered this scope a couple of weeks ago and it was called "New" in its description at the time.  It no longer says "New" in the description, although other IOR scopes that were described as "New" still do.  I'm kind of curious because the specs on this scope are slightly different on swfa.com than on valdada's website. 

IOR Specifications
Field of view at 100 yards:    34-11.9 feet
Eye relief:                           3.5 inches
Length:                               13.75 inches

SWFA Specifications
Field of View at 100 yards:    41 - 11.9 feet
Eye relief:                            3.75 inches
Length:                                13.5 inches

All other specs are the same, including weight.  As you can see, all of the differences are favorable ones on SWFA's site.  So, is this a "New" 2.5-10x42 IOR Hunting scope with the specs specified by SWFA, or is this the same "older" model listed on Valdada's site, or are the specs just wrong on one site or the other?  I'm very curious as I have already ordered this scope, but as of yet it is still on backorder.  If the specs are right on the Valdada site, then I may very well change my mind. 

My immigration policy: "Good fences equal good neighbors," and lining the border with snipers equals no immigration problem.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2007 at 17:28

http://www.valdada.com/

Give Val a call. 

senewell View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2007 at 13:20
I spoke with Val.  Literally the guy's name is Val.  At any rate, he said that SWFA has the right specs and that the valdada site didn't get updated properly when they switched from 1" to 30mm main tubes.  I also spoke to Dave and he expects the new Talley stainless quick detach rings to be in on 6/14.  Both Val and Dave said that I will be very impressed with the scope.  I can't wait.
My immigration policy: "Good fences equal good neighbors," and lining the border with snipers equals no immigration problem.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2007 at 15:06

Originally posted by senewell senewell wrote:

I spoke with Val.  Literally the guy's name is Val.

Actually, I believe his name is Valentine.  I have spoke with Val before too.

Best of luck with your new scope and rings!!   

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic