OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Seben Black Anaconda 4-12x56 Scope AVOID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seben Black Anaconda 4-12x56 Scope AVOID
    Posted: May/26/2007 at 06:39

A word of warning!

My recent E-bay purchase of a Black Anaconda 4-12x56 Illuminated Rifle Scope from Seben - Germany, was a disappointing experience. Although I've had a full refund of the E-Bay purchase price, the transaction has incurred a lot of my time and left me £6 out of pocket for the return of the Scope to Germany.

The Black Anaconda 4-12x56 Illuminated Rifle Scope that I received had blurred vision and on closer inspection, one of the internal lenses had something like a layer of film over it, perhaps similar to a spray of light oil or hair-spray; there were also dirty specks on that lens. I thought this was a defective scope and my UK Gunsmith agreed with me that it really was unfit for purpose. I sent the scope back to Seben hoping for a good replacement, but was VERY surprised to learn from them, that they considered the scope to be in good order and all the Black Anaconda 4-12x56 Illuminated Rifle Scopes were of the same quality?????????

Having been shooting for more that 40 years now I've used scopes ranging in price from £48 to £380, and this Black Anaconda 4-12x56 Illuminated Rifle Scope was definitely inferior to the £48 6x40 I once used.

Seben claim this Black Anaconda 4-12x56 Illuminated Rifle Scope has a recommended retail price of £199.00.? In my opinion it is not worth anything like that, not even £19.99.

Other people who purchased this Black Anaconda 4-12x56 Illuminated Rifle Scope, may have had a better experience than me. I certainly hope they did.

Regards

Roy

Edited by Roy K
Roy K
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2007 at 14:52
Well ther eis a positive in your story.  You lost 6 pounds in short order.................................I've been trying to lose 5 pounds for a year  

Sorry about your experience, thankfully you were able to recoup most of your money.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic