OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Elite E2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baylian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Elite E2
    Posted: May/17/2007 at 11:51

Is there a significant difference between the new Elite and the Elite E2 that I'm seeing for around $500 online?

Thanks,  TJ

Not all who wander are lost. - JRR Tolkien
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2007 at 13:12

Hey Baylian!  Haven't seen you around for awhile.  I guess you are still in the midst of your search for that one "perfect" binocular.  Did you ever get down the the sporting goods store in Payson to check out the Vortex line?  What did you think of them?

The Elite E2 is a somewhat upgraded model intended to replace the roof prism Discoverer line.  Upgrades include primarily changes to the exteriror styling and the inclusion of a tripod-adapter mount attachment point - which the Discoverer did/does not have.  Although I have not yet seen any E2s in stores, I have understood that optically, the two are very similar. 

I would suspect that, since they are being discontinued, the Discoverers might be found for significantly discounted prices (though, I haven't looked) and as long as you don't plan on mounting your binocular to a tripod, could prove to be the better bargain.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Baylian View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baylian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2007 at 13:49

Lucznik,

Over doing it when searching for expensive pieces of equipment is a hallmark of mine.  Just ask my wife.  I did 15 months of research before I bought my CZ 550.  I have sent you a couple of PM's in the last few days.  Check your e-mail.  Maybe your firewall caught them.  Good to hear from you.  I haven't made it down to Payson.  Would you get the 8x or 10x Elite E2?

Good hunting,  TJ

Not all who wander are lost. - JRR Tolkien
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2007 at 17:02

Baylian,

I just sent you responses to your emails.  I hope they help.

As you already know, I am a magnification junky so; I probably would opt for the 10x.  For me, the point of binoculars is to "get closer"  and so (within limitations of one's ability to handhold the unit) handicapping oneself with low magnification binoculars seems fairly counter-productive. However, others would vehemently assert the virtues of the 8x (or even lower) and they would not necessarily be wrong in their assertions. "Different strokes for different folks," as the saying goes.

Ultimately, you alone have got to make the decision as to which is the best for you.

Edited by lucznik
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2007 at 17:17
[QUOTE=lucznik]
For me, the point of binoculars is to "get closer" 

Thank you lucznik

Sometimes we overlook the obvious.     

Edited by Bird Watcher
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic