OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Choice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varmintcaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Choice
    Posted: May/13/2007 at 00:27

Hi

Im new to the forum and hope I can get some advice.  I have pretty much decided on a Bushnell Elite for my 7 mag, I chose the Elite for the Rainguard aspect. My problem is should I get the 3200 or the 4200? What are the major differences and advantages/disadvantages between the two? Most of my hunting will be for whitetail, and elk in the same area...Wooded and open draw/canyon shooting.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by varmintcaller
Moon Labe
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2007 at 07:52

Welcome to The OT!!

I would say the 4200 would be the better choice.

Optically speaking, the 4200 will out perform the 3200 substantially.

miket_81 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miket_81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2007 at 16:32

4200 for sure. The 4200 3-9X40 would be a nice option for not a lot of cash (around $250 or so)

The 4-16X40 is also another nice option but maybe more scope than you need, but 4X at the bottom end is more than fine.

varmintcaller View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varmintcaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2007 at 20:44

Thank you for the welcome and the information, I was leaning toward the 4200,and the 3200 could be had in a 5-15x50 for not too much money (Im on a limited budget....retired) But if you think the 4200 is the way to go, thats what ill do.

Thanks again

Moon Labe
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2007 at 00:29

+ 1 on the 3-9x40 Elite 4200.I think it'she best value going out there today. I currently own 6 4200' and think they are a  fantastic scope. .

Guests View Drop Down
Non-Registered Visitor
Non-Registered Visitor
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2007 at 01:31
I also have the Elite 4200 in 3x9!!!! From what I understand, it`s possible that Bushnell is discontinuing the 3x9 in the 4200! Why? I have no idea!!!....And, I will tell you that the Elite 4200`s are without a doubt the best scopes on the market for the money....They are equal to Leupold`s VX111 and many say, even better, for less $ as well!!!!!............Also, I did compare the Zeiss Conquest, side by side with the Elite 4200 before my purchase. I could not justify the extra $100 for the Zeiss!.....Anyone out there NOT happy with your Elite???? I doubt it!!!.........................Go with the Elite!!!!   
varmintcaller View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varmintcaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2007 at 17:23

Thank you for the information, The 4200 elite it is! I appreciate your advice, I was referred to this forum by a member of another forum i belong to, he said the members of this forum are pretty much experts on optics, so i trust your judgement.

Thanks

Mike

Moon Labe
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2007 at 17:26

Varmintcaller,

Besides the 3-9X, the 2.5-10X is an excellent magnification range for deer/elk hunting as well -- great FOV on the low end and all the magnification you'd ever need for almost any conceivable big game hunting on the top end. 

The Elite 4200 is a great choice, and you can't beat the price for what you get!

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic