OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BEST? Bush 3200, Nikon Buckma, Burris Fu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superlite17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEST? Bush 3200, Nikon Buckma, Burris Fu
    Posted: May/10/2007 at 15:34

Which has the better optical quality Bushnell 3200, Nikon Buckmaster maybe Monarch, Burris Fullfield, Leupold VX II?

Thanks - Rod

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2007 at 17:23
Of those, the Nikon Monarch.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2007 at 19:05

For cryin' outloud...time for the TBONE SCALE

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1610&KW=sc ale

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2007 at 19:12
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2007 at 13:46
Originally posted by army_eod army_eod wrote:

Dude...here is your scope:

http://www.swfa.com/pc-2261-253-weaver-45-14x40-grand-slam-r ifle-scope.aspx

I've looked through quite a few Weaver Grand Slams, and while they are pretty good glass for the money, my personal concern with Weaver is its longevity, service, and future.  I don't currently own any Weaver scopes because the brand has been bought and sold so many times and it's currently owned by Meade, who has a reputation for focusing on outsourcing to low cost suppliers rather than offering high end products.  Meade also owns Simmons and the current Redfield brands.

Edited by RifleDude
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2007 at 21:45

Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Of those, the Nikon Monarch.

i agree ted i own all but the 3200

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Superlite17 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superlite17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2007 at 19:25

Of course, PLEASE add to the list if i have left anybody out!!... in that general price range

Thanls

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2007 at 22:03
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better scope than the Monarch in that price range, period.  Some say that Sightron SII is in the same performance category, and they are reasonably priced, so you might take a look at them as well, but I have no experience with them to comment.
Ted

hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2007 at 01:23
Burris Fullfield II, pick them up anyhere for $150. sped the other $200 buck on ammo...
hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2007 at 01:23
Burris Fullfield II, pick them up anyhere for $150. spend the other $200 bucks on ammo...

I would put the Fullfield above a Buckmaster and 3200. The 3200's aren't that great, if you buy an elite get the 4200. If you buy a Leupold don't buy under a
VX3. Ther lower end Leupolds, Nikon and Elite don't have fully coated optics, some have a plastic cam inside the scope, or use inferior imported parts. The
burris uses steel turret parts, metal cam, and fully coated lenes. They are manufactered more like a much higher end scope.

Edited by hunterco
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2007 at 09:46
the nikon monarch doesnt have fully coated optics?? the monarch is a way better scope than the FFII i know i own both, they are close but at twilight the monarch is hands down better.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2007 at 12:54
No, the monarch is good to go, the lower end Nikon, like the Buckmaster I've read aren's as solid. When Comparing the Monarch X to the Upper end Burris, I
was sayingI think it's a wash and only comes to how much you want to spend
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2007 at 13:54
oh you had me scratching my head there for a second, i would say the monarch the ffII and then the buckmaster i own all three, but in that order from best to worst as far as quality goes.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2007 at 15:46
Nikon Buckmaster has been redesigned a year or two ago and it now has fully multicoated optics.

ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2007 at 21:51
thats what i thought i just bought one a few months ago and it was way better than the one i bought 3 years ago
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic