OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

HELP! Anybody experience with Mueller?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superlite17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Anybody experience with Mueller?
    Posted: May/10/2007 at 15:30

Hello everyone, I followed a recomendation here and looked at the Mueller 8.5-25×50AO  WOW! The pricing is great, they say full-multicoated, etc, etc... of course there are scopes at Harbour Freigh that say that also. Anyway, anybody use these?

Also kinda considering Bushnell 3200, Nikon Buckmaster maybe Monarch, Burris Fullfields, etc. Which is best?

Thanks - Rod

jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2007 at 15:46

monarch and fullfields would be better - or sightron SII's are good too.

see if you can get a closeout monarch from www.swfa.com they have some left i think.

good luck..

J

Superlite17 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superlite17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2007 at 17:56
Does anyone even KNOW ANYTHING about them???
jbird View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2007 at 18:52
Superlite,I beleive they are made in China.They are a USA company.I have a 4.14.50.The scope is good foe the money,but not as good as a nikon,burris,or other higher priced scopes.I got one with bubbles inside the glass and they replaced with no questions asked.I put it on a 223 just to play with.It has not give me any problems.
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2007 at 18:57

koshkin knows about them.

So according to koshkin and other research I have done, the only Mueller that is worthy is the only one made in Japan and it is a pretty good scope.

That would be the Mueller Tac II Mildot 3-10X44 and goes for $255.00 at certain dealers.

Rememeber that SWFA will be selling them SOON....

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2007 at 13:08
Mueller scopes are pretty decent for the money, but if you can afford to move up in price a little and get a Monarch or SIghtron S2, it is worth the investment.  One exception is the Japanese made Mueller Tac II, which fits somewhere between Fullfield II/Buckmaster and Monarch/S2 in quality.  Other Mueller scopes ar emade in China and while they are among the better Chinese made scopes, they are still lagging behind the Japanese made ones.

ILya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2007 at 13:27

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Mueller scopes are pretty decent for the money, but if you can afford to move up in price a little and get a Monarch or SIghtron S2, it is worth the investment.

HolyChristmas!!

The Dark Lord recommending a Nikon?!?!?!?  Monarch ,no less!!

That Nikon you bought for your wicked "black experiments"  must have struck a heart string.....

Made you giddy looking through that fine Jap glass, huh? 

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2007 at 13:36
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Mueller scopes are pretty decent for the money, but if you can afford to move up in price a little and get a Monarch or SIghtron S2, it is worth the investment.

HolyChristmas!!

That Nikon you bought for your wicked "black experiments"  must have struck a heart string.....

I just saw a flying pig outside the window.  I'm gonna rush out and buy some lottery tickets today!

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2007 at 14:06
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

HolyChristmas!!

He mentioned Monarch in his original post.  Otherwise, I would not risk giving you a heart attack.

I still think S2 is a better choice, by the way (especially considering the Monarch price increase).

ILya
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2007 at 15:48

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
xanadu View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xanadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2007 at 08:47
 I've had one for about 3 years now . It's on my 30-06 . It's the 4 - 16 x 50 .... and it's been pounded by about every grain bullet made for 06 . I'm not easy on scopes and she's as dead on now as when I first sighted her in . 95 % of the time it rides on my atv with me getting thumped by my hard riding Kawasaki 650 Prairie . I bought it originally because I wanted to try the illuminted rectile without spending bucu bucks . The glass is extrmemly clear for the price ... never fogged or had one second of trouble yet ! The rectile really is a dot in the center ... not an overblown rectile that looks like a neon sign as some are . I love the fact I can immediatly throw the kill dot on and drop any game alot faster and in darkened areas of woods where some rectiles get lost . I even use the acceleraters .... 30-06 and head sot squirrels . That's when you know what you're doing ... I test all these so called  big time boys and their multi thousand dollar setups by taking them out to squirrel hunt with their "BIG $3,000.00 GAME OUTFITS " ... my cousin and his buddies to mention a few !  I'm now just ordering the 8.5-25 x 50 Eraticator also . I'm an old boy and am telling it like it is ... you'll spend hundreds of dollars more for less quality and extremely important ... durability without geting the option of Illumination !  You'd be surprised at how many people spend thousands on their custom rigs and can hardly hit a barn door moving ..... LOL  ----     Go to their site .....    http://www.muelleroptics.com and just take a peek . 
Been There Done That !!!!!!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2007 at 09:37
you seem to have "rectile" on the brain.  None of my business, but they make meds that can help with that.

If you mean reticule, no problem.  Check your fire.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2007 at 10:21

Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

you seem to have "rectile" on the brain.  None of my business, but they make meds that can help with that.

How about "reticle."  Better than "erectile."

Maybe he has rectile dysfunction. 

Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
xanadu View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xanadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2007 at 08:55

Yea I spelled it wrong ..... hahahha ............. reticle ...... sometimes I see alot of rectum-le posts here too .....  

xanadu View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xanadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2007 at 08:58
Originally posted by army_eod army_eod wrote:

How about "reticle."  Better than "erectile."

Maybe he has rectile dysfunction. 

Well I'm 60 years old and thank god I don't have that .... unless I have to see my wife naked right out of the shower ......

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic