OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

WHAT RIFLESCOPE?? HELPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED DOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT RIFLESCOPE?? HELPP!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: May/07/2007 at 17:17
I HAVE A BROWNING A-BOLT SS LAMINATED THUMBHOLE IN A 300 REM ULTRA MAG AND A RUGER #1 STAINLESS LAMINATED 7MM STW. I HAVE A WEAVER GRAND SLAM 6.5-20 ON THE A-BOLT. I USE THE A-BOLT MORE AND WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE SCOPES AND PUT THE GRAND SLAM ON THE STW. I USE THE A-BOLT FOR WHITETAILS IN BEANFIELDS AND NEED SOMETHING FOR VERY EXTREME LOW LIGHT, BUT I STILL LIKE THE HIGHER POWER. MONEY IS A VERY BIG FACTOR. WHAT IS THE BEST FOR THE MONEY? SIGHTRON, NIKON, LEUPOLD, BURRIS, PENTAX, WEAVER, LEATHERWOOD, ZEISS CONQUEST?  ALL HELP APPRECIATED.
SHORTTRAC
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2007 at 17:39

What is you budget for a scope and how long distance are you planning on shooting, fixed power or variable? low light is important how big of and objective lens can you tolorate on your rifle? If you tell us the details it would be easier to make some suggestions

Thanks

Duce 

Duce
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2007 at 17:49

This sounds like a good scope for your use at an attractive price with a 50 mm objective lens for low light

http://www.swfa.com/pc-1915-218-nikon-35-10x50-monarch-ucc-r iflescope.aspx

it is one of the discounted 2006 Nikons at swfa for 329 with a large objective lens for low light and excellent glass.

or

http://www.swfa.com/pc-1912-218-nikon-3-9x40-monarch-ucc-rif lescope.aspx

for 219 but it does have a 40 mm objective lens.

or  if you want higher power http://www.swfa.com/pc-6852-218-nikon-55-165x44-monarch-ucc- riflescope.aspx

for 303

It is hard to beat the prices on the sale Nikons and get this quality of glass

Hope this helps   Duce 

Duce
ronnie View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2007 at 19:51
Zeiss conquest if your budget allows.if not i  2nd the nikon monarch.i have serveral nikons and they are good scopes.
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2007 at 20:31

Red Dog,

Why are you "yelling?" It is both hard to read and rude.

The thing you really want to understand is that in low light only a fraction of all that magification is useable (7x to 10).  With that said then you may want to think about getting the clearest glass for your money and then worry about the magification. 

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

iceman2001 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2007 at 04:43
Ever try a ncstar scope?
iceman2001
Focus View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master
Conquistador!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Focus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2007 at 06:53
4200 elite scopes........most bang for the $ spent, good low light performance. Conquest best scope in class but more money. I just bought a 4.5x14x44 conquest and would consider it an excellant beanfield type long range/low light scope.

focus
I Can See Clearly Now......<><

If Accurate rifles Are Interesting.....I've Got Some Savages That Are Getting Mighty Interesting......
x2hunt View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x2hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2007 at 23:32
Originally posted by RED DOG RED DOG wrote:

I HAVE A BROWNING A-BOLT SS LAMINATED THUMBHOLE IN A 300 REM ULTRA MAG AND A RUGER #1 STAINLESS LAMINATED 7MM STW. I HAVE A WEAVER GRAND SLAM 6.5-20 ON THE A-BOLT. I USE THE A-BOLT MORE AND WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE SCOPES AND PUT THE GRAND SLAM ON THE STW. I USE THE A-BOLT FOR WHITETAILS IN BEANFIELDS AND NEED SOMETHING FOR VERY EXTREME LOW LIGHT, BUT I STILL LIKE THE HIGHER POWER. MONEY IS A VERY BIG FACTOR. WHAT IS THE BEST FOR THE MONEY? SIGHTRON, NIKON, LEUPOLD, BURRIS, PENTAX, WEAVER, LEATHERWOOD, ZEISS CONQUEST?  ALL HELP APPRECIATED.
                millett trs i promise you will not be disappointed

Edited by x2hunt
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2007 at 15:25

Originally posted by iceman2001 iceman2001 wrote:

Ever try a ncstar scope?

Hey no profanity, women and children come here too ya know.

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2007 at 08:19

+1 on cyborg -

those are not worth their weight in scrap metal.

sightron is the most affordable, then nikon -

if you want fixed power and lowlight for a beanfield gun -
shoot me a PM, i may sell you a meostar i have on one of my beanfield guns.

if not - the nikon UCC's are great, and the sightrons are spoken of very highly.

if you can go higher than that - there are 5-6 scope makers that have great offerings.

J

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2007 at 17:48
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Originally posted by iceman2001 iceman2001 wrote:

Ever try a ncstar scope?

Hey no profanity, women and children come here too ya know.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2007 at 07:10
Originally posted by Duce Duce wrote:

This sounds like a good scope for your use at an attractive price with a 50 mm objective lens for low light

http://www.swfa.com/pc-1915-218-nikon-35-10x50-monarch-ucc-r iflescope.aspx

it is one of the discounted 2006 Nikons at swfa for 329 with a large objective lens for low light and excellent glass.

or

http://www.swfa.com/pc-1912-218-nikon-3-9x40-monarch-ucc-rif lescope.aspx

for 219 but it does have a 40 mm objective lens.

or  if you want higher power http://www.swfa.com/pc-6852-218-nikon-55-165x44-monarch-ucc- riflescope.aspx

for 303

It is hard to beat the prices on the sale Nikons and get this quality of glass

Hope this helps   Duce 

I could not second this recomendation any more, The Duce is wise.

If your money is tight, go with a Millett, nothing less, and go up from there, bushnnell, nikon, sightron, burriss, meopta, IOR, etc.

I love my Leupolds but they are not the best value. If you can find one used at a great price get one.  

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic