OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Country of origin -Elite 4200?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R7 Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Country of origin -Elite 4200?
    Posted: May/05/2007 at 10:06

The two scopes I have been considering are the Weaver Grand Slam 6X-20X and the Bushnell Elite 4200 6X-24X. My V-Series Weavers I have were made in Japan , I assume the Grand Slams are too?

What about the Bushnell Elite 4200?

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2007 at 10:59
Elite 4200 scopes are made in Japan by Light Optics Works (one of the better OEM manufacturers).

Grand Slams are supposed to be made in Japan as well, but the last couple Grand Slams that I've seen made me doubt that.  The glass seemed chinese.  I have also heard from a couple of people in this business that Meade quietly moved Grand Slam production to China.

ILya
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2007 at 14:55
I own a 4200 and could not be any happier. It has held up well. It is mounted a REM 700 Sendero 22-250 that I use to PD hunt with. I also mounted it on a Ruger #1 220 swift for awhile, now I have two of them one for each gun, thats how much I liked them.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
RED DOG View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED DOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2007 at 16:54
I HAVE A GRAND SLAM 6.5-20 THAT I LIKE ALOT FOR THE MONEY THEY ARE GREAT SCOPES. THEY HAVE THEM ON (competitor)SS.COM FOR $299 AS WE SPEAK. COULD BE A HOAX BUT I PURCHASED AN ELITE 3200 IN A  5-15X50 AND HAD TO RETURN IT BECAUSE OF WATER GETTING INSIDE THE SCOPE. IT WAS VERY CLEAR AND I DID LIKE UNTIL THIS HAPPENED.
SHORTTRAC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic