OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell 4200 SF 30mm scope....anybody??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centerfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell 4200 SF 30mm scope....anybody??
    Posted: April/18/2007 at 11:06

Anybody had a chance to check out that new 6x- 24x side focus, 50mm Bushnell Elite 4200 Scope yet? How's it compare with the current 6X-24X SF 1" tube Elite? I would hope it's got readily observable brighter viewing. 

Mainly, I'm always worried about bugs being worked out in brand new models, and hate to be the first to buy. 

jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2007 at 11:41

the 30mm tube will add only adjustment range, not brightness. 

i had a 50mm elite 4200 in a 30mm tube and it was extremely good.

i would assume this one would be nothing short of great.

J

ChrisGarrett View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisGarrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2007 at 16:13
Originally posted by jonbravado jonbravado wrote:

the 30mm tube will add only adjustment range, not brightness. 

i had a 50mm elite 4200 in a 30mm tube and it was extremely good.

i would assume this one would be nothing short of great.

J

You had the 4-16x50ao 1" Elite 4200?  I've got this one myself and it's quite nice for the money.  UP is only 45 MOA stop to stop, but 20 MOA bases solve this to a degree. 

I didn't know they made any Elite 4200 in 30mm, save for the B&L 10x Tactical from a few years back, I don't know if that was labeled Elite 4xxx.

Chris

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2007 at 21:26
There is a 2.5-10x50 Elite 4200 with a 30mm tube, #4 reticle and an illuminated dot.

It is a very nice scope

ILya

jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2007 at 06:32

that was the first scope i ever bought w/ a #4 reticle - amazing scope.

wish i could find more of them.

J

Lord Windsor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Windsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2007 at 10:29
I have both.
The 6-24 x 40 was a great scope and the nly issue I had was the limited FOV. This only became an issue if lamping.
The 30mm version is quite amazing and only slightly longer than the 1" version. Optically, they are superb.
The only issue being one that the Nikon Monarchs have let me down with and that is fitting one some actions. It will not fit on a Sako action 243 due to the compact length.

(tried to post a link here but did not work)

Apart from that. Not much to toch it at the price.
sandsock View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2007 at 08:26

Hello,

We've had a bit of discussion on this scope in the Tactical Forum....I'm looking to possibly buy one myself but I was disappointed the 30mm didn't have more adjustment than the 1" (apparently it has a little less....which I find extremely odd).....I imagine like most 4200's it will be a heck of a scope.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2007 at 10:17

The only bugs that a 4200 is likely to come with are    ---   Fire Flys. 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
sandsock View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2007 at 13:11

Good one,

sand

Centerfire View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centerfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2007 at 09:00

SANDSOCK,

What exactly is the name of this "tactical Forum" that you mentioned.

I'd like to go in there and read the commentary about this new 30MM scope. I feel safe going with the SF 1", but would rather spring another few dollars and get this new scope as long as it merits it.

sandsock View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2007 at 18:47

Centerfire,

Here's the link, the tactical scope forum is right below this one....not as much activity but still worth a look, here's one of the discussions...I'd spend the extra money for the 30mm because I already have 30mm Badger rings on the rifle it will go on (but I don't have CINCHOUSE approval)

v/r

Sand

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6357&PN=1& amp;TPN=1

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic