OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

7A or 4A reticle how do you like it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear250b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7A or 4A reticle how do you like it
    Posted: April/13/2007 at 09:26
    It seems the scope I'm looking at only comes in a 4A and the plex which I'm not a fan of the plex.  How do you guys like your 7A and 4A reticles, and how does a 7A compair to a plex?  I would love a #4 but it seems not to be available
Slacker
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 09:47
My 2.2-9x42 Kahles has a 7A and it is nice in low light for picking up game. It is a heavy plex more or less.
Bear250b View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear250b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 10:00
   I was looking at the 2.5X10X50 C series which I really want but comes in a plex and 4A.  A little confused because when I go to Kahles International they offer a bunch of reticles but when I go to Kahles Americas they dont.  Not sure which reticle to settle on.
Slacker
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 10:29

The 7A is available on this one

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/51622/kahles_2.5-10x50_h elia_c_30mm_riflescope.htm

I prefer it over the 4A because it helps me align the scope vertically easier in low light.

7A

4A

Edited by tahqua
Bear250b View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear250b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 10:53

Thanks for the reply, I see what you saying but this is what I get under the Kahles site

Helia C
REFERENCE CLASS. OVER GENERATIONS.
Unmatched wide field-of-view and outstanding edge clarity. With complex objective construction with up to four lenses and wide ocular lenses all creating image qualities that are simply setting new standards.

1" Class Rilfescopes
Helia KX
Helia CL
30mm Class Riflescopes
Helia C
Helia CS
Helia CSX
Helia CBX
Binoculars
Binoculars
Features / Reticles Models Measurements Technical Data Images

Objective Construction
Complex objective construction for unmatched wide field-of-view with outstanding edge clarity.

AMV coatings
KAHLES proprietary AMV coatings optimized to maximum light trans-mission between 500 and 540 nanometers for superior low light use.

Slacker
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 11:50

You might want to check with SWFA, our host here, and see if this is correct. The pictures I posted were taken from the product descriptions here. From the Kahles site it looks as though the plex is as heavy as the 4A and similar to the 7A. I will look and my manual and see if the subtensions are there and get back.

Bear250b View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear250b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 12:33
   Thanks tahqua for the reply, I know what you talking about.  I will try to go to Kinderman after work and try to see the difference.  Its a little frustrating trying to decide, this is going to be my first euro scope and cant afford to be buying multiple high end optics.   Well may be I could but when the wife finds out its not good
Slacker
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 13:02

#4 all the way - it's a wonderful efficient reticle.

good luck w/ your decision.

J

Bear250b View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear250b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 13:10
     Geessssss  Jonbravado what are you doing to me?  Its like throwing a monkey wrench into my equation, I have decided to go with Kahles now what are my option for that price range?  I'm not sure if I can afford a Swarovski with a #4 or do I settle for a Conquest 3.5X10X50 with a #4?   Dohhhhhhh
Slacker
Bear250b View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear250b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2007 at 11:16
  Well I went by Kinderman and they said I could get the C series in a #4, so now I'm happier then a pig in poop.  What I didnt ask is if all Kahles came with etched reticles.
Slacker
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2007 at 13:11

the kahles C series is ridiculously good.

you will be THRILLED.

good luck and let us know what you think - yes, i think it's etched.

J

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic