OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Your favorite famous quote

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite famous quote
    Posted: April/13/2007 at 06:47

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry http://ron.dotson.net/guns/gunquotes.htm

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 08:15

"Power flows from the barrel of a gun." Mao

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 08:50

It’s not my job to say they are right or wrong GOD handles that. But it is my job to arrange the meeting.

General of army on Iraq war.

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 10:00

" God I love this gun" Men in Black

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 10:37

" A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends on the character of the user"

Teddy Roosevelt

God save the Empire!
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 10:37

Do it.

Do it right.

Do it right now.

- Spencer W. Kimball

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
357mag View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 357mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 11:51

"There's this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."  I been sayin' that sh*t for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded sh*t to say to a muthaf*#&*#! before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some sh*t this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinkin', maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or, it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that sh*t ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."

Jules Winnfield

Pulp Fiction

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 11:57
... whenever the Legislators endeavour to take away, and destroy the Property of the People, or to reduce them to Slavery under Arbitrary Power, they put themselves into a state of War with the People, who are thereupon absolved from any farther Obedience ... [Power then] devolves to the People, who have a Right to resume their original Liberty, and, by the Establishment of a new Legislative (such as they shall think fit) provide for their own Safety and Security, which is the end for which they are in Society.

John Locke
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 19:30
I like quotes about history:

David Ben Gurion:

Anyone who believes you can't change history has never tried to write his memoirs.

Ralph Waldo Emerson:

Make the most of yourself for that is all there is of you.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."  (Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it"  George Santayana
Trigger Happy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger Happy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 22:09

This is for lucznik.

Q. What do you get when you cross J. Golden Kimball with Spencer W. Kimball?

-

-

-

A. Do it, Dammit!

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2007 at 16:04
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now." —Colonel Robert J. Coates, USMC
longbow308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longbow308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2007 at 17:23
God created Man, and Sam Colt made them equal!!!
longbow308
Aim small Miss small
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2007 at 11:02
Originally posted by Trigger Happy Trigger Happy wrote:

This is for lucznik.

Q. What do you get when you cross J. Golden Kimball with Spencer W. Kimball?

-

-

-

A. Do it, Dammit!

Now, that's funny...

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2007 at 11:51

You can always trust the Americans to do the right thing when everything else fails.

Sir Winston Churchill

Edited by anweis
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2007 at 09:15

Here is another one, from one of my favorite writers.

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." Ernest Hemingway.

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2007 at 10:49
when you come to the fork in the road take it-- Yogi Bera
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2007 at 10:55

"In this country we have no place for hyphenated Americans."

Theodore Roosevelt

- think his point was that any right thinking American should be more concerned with the future of his country instead of his own past

God save the Empire!
TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2007 at 11:21

"It takes 42 muscles to frown, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent sniper rifle. ..."

We refuse to compromise our quality for pricing.
100% USA Made.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2007 at 12:50

Here is one of my all time favorites!!!!!! 

" Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."  

Jesus Christ 

Edited by Stephanie
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2007 at 16:06
Originally posted by Stephanie Stephanie wrote:

Here is one of my all time favorites!!!!!! 

" Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."  

Jesus Christ 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic