OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

home on the range..and a happy customer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: home on the range..and a happy customer
    Posted: April/09/2007 at 23:06

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w32/sinsir944/?action=vie w&current=1176177497.pbw

well guys....and the optics goddesses ... i finaly got everything back together, found some time ( it was under a rock ) and brought my stick down to the range.... she don't look like anything special, but don't let her plain-jane looks fool ya,  i shot these at 200 yards, .308  168 gr smk remington match ,  you can see from the pics i had other ammo with me that day, but the remington shot the best groups. i just wanted to say that the ss is a kicking piece of glass, i can hardly wait till the varriable comes out...thanks again .... btw, the nikon i picked up from the sample list has yet to have it's day, but i'll post them when i can

added info - remington 700 VS, .308 , 2 1/2 lb trigger job, bolt was squared and "blueprinted" , hand lapped bolt, and a calahan (sp?) firing pin and spring, the scope mounts are a - game reaper, ( a small mfg company here in nc ) and the scope of course .....is a SS 10x .... the next thing is to cut the hs stock and shorten up the LOP a bit, and a spray paint job...

Edited by sinsir
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2007 at 08:06
that sederno is a nice looking rifle dont sell yourself short there and those groups are nice!! congrats cant wait to see more!!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2007 at 08:14

That is a nice looking stick there, sinsir. I really enjoyed the photobucket show.

Did you do the work?

Those mounts look solid.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2007 at 14:24

sinsir....Nicely done, my friend!!!

Great looking stick and groups too!!

Thanks for sharing!

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2007 at 16:12
cheap your such a sucker for remingtons i could probably post a picture of my old 788 22-250 and you would say it's good looking and that is an ugly cheapo looking sniper rifle in sheeps clothing.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2007 at 16:26

well cheap there she is go ahead and drool a little its a remington so i will drool too, oh wait its mine!

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2007 at 16:45

Nice stick, Pyro!!

I love that fine wood on those.........

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2007 at 16:51

i bought that at a gun show and somebody got a little creative with it and replaced the end of the forend and the small round part of the rear grip the thing that surprised me was the overall condition of the rifle was great a small area of light rust on the underside of the trigger guard which was easily removed with a brass bristled brush, the blueing was probably 95-98% the stock was in pretty good shape as well.i am thinking of having a thumbhole made in a few years with some black walnut that we have drying right now.

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2007 at 22:09

thanks guys,

i did all the work with the exception of the blueprinting ... as i don't have machiening equipment ..... honestly, i'm one of those types that just can't leave well enough alone, and allmost have to do something just so i can call it mine, otherwise it just don't feel right....lol...like i said i still need to shorten the stock, and add a nice recoil pad,( 100+ rounds of .308, in one sitting gets to be a bit much on the shoulder ) after that i'll probaly need to give it a spray paint job, mostly due to having to mfg a way ( either fiberglass or carbon fiber ) to re-attach the butt plate. i was thinking about trying to do something like  a digital camo pattern....any ideas ?

i like the mounts, made from 1 piece of AL, and they use all 4 reciever holes. they seem sturdy to me, but then again, i'm not dragging this puppy around over rocks either. not that i would'nt, i just have'nt had a chance yet ...lol...the only safe queen i have is a winchester "cowboy edition" lever action 30/30, ( has only 6 rounds down the barrel ) everything else .... is a shooter, some are a bit more worn then others.

Edited by sinsir
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic