OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Monarch or Elite 4200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoot4fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monarch or Elite 4200
    Posted: April/09/2007 at 14:38
 I am going to peplace the scope on my sons hunting rifle. I'm trying to decide if the monarch or the Elite 4200 series is better for deer hunting. He has a 50mm buckmasters scope on it now. Just trying to do an upgrade. Thanks
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2007 at 14:40
I have the 4200 and am completely happy.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2007 at 14:48
Both are very good scopes. I prefer the 4200.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2007 at 14:53
Flip a coin.  Both are excellent choices!  When looking at scopes with similar price and similar quality, often the decision comes down to which has the magnification range you prefer and if there are any physical size limitations that makes one better suited to your rifle & mount combination than the other.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2007 at 15:18

Both scopes are good to go.

Which reticle are you considering??

(Nikon offers more reticle options, I think.)

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2007 at 19:37
i have a monarch and i really like it, the 4200 is a good scope too tough call
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
hunterco View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2007 at 12:21
What about a used sightron S3 or Xtr over a brand new 4200 tactical in the same price range. Is the 4200 a scope I'd want to upgrae later on? I wish it still had B&L
labeling on it, I've never been a bushnell fan of the lower end stuff. Bushnell should drop the name branding on the upper end stuff and run with Elite as the label.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2007 at 13:19
I can certainly understand the Bushnell label mindset. Think of them as the Lexus/Infinity line of Toyota/Nissan and this should help you to get over it. I too was a skeptic but no longer am.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2007 at 16:36
i wouldnt put toyota and nissan in the same group as bushnell, i would put dodge there though
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2007 at 18:47
Ok, the Viper of Dodge....
jkll View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2007 at 20:32
CHUCKHAWKS.COM  claims that the BUSHNELL 4200 is superior to the NIKON MONARCH UCC,but the SIGHTRON SII is optically superior to both of them. The only question is who in the Hxxx is CHUCK HAWKS.All joking aside does anyone know if he is qualified to review anything?
miket_81 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miket_81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2007 at 00:57
He is a good writer and does ok reviews of stuff. I don't think he personally knows too much about hunting and is pretty much a Jack O'Conner regurgitator. Sometimes he is too optimistic about products (leupold scopes). He does have some helpful info but you have to take it for what it's worth. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic