OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver Classic Extreme scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver Classic Extreme scopes
    Posted: April/04/2007 at 12:28
Does anyone know anything about these scopes?

Thanks.
ILya
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2007 at 13:28

ILya, I can't find much more than what is already at SWFA. Weaver does have pictures, though.

http://www.weaveroptics.com/classicextreme/index.html

The 1.5-4.5x24 looks promising for a big game gun and all models have a constant 4" of eye relief.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2007 at 14:00
Yeah, I saw that.  I was just trying to figure out of anyone knows anything about them: where they are made, etc.  W/E numbers look pretty low, so I wonder if they are putting larger lenses there or are using thicker tubes.  Since they seem to be pretty heavy, that often implies larger lenses (glass is heavier than aluminum).

ILya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2007 at 17:41

I wonder how good the lit reticle is??.....

fourinone View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourinone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2007 at 21:27

Thanks for bringing this up, I didn't have any luck getting any responce on the subject...might be because I spelled Classic wrong.

But with a lighted reticle it most likely has an etched reticle. I'd like to know the percent of light transmission, where it was made, etc.

I figured that if you all didn't know then most likely no one else knows anything yet. It looks like a very nice scope and I hope it has the Micro-Trac system in it too.

Can you see me now...
scubasteve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2007 at 01:32
I hate the term "Extreme". Why does it seem that everone is using this catch phrase nowadays?
ATF should be the name of a convience store, not afederal agency.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2007 at 04:11

Originally posted by scubasteve scubasteve wrote:

I hate the term "Extreme". Why does it seem that everone is using this catch phrase nowadays?

The term "Tactical" is a little overused too.

Good sig line scubasteve!

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2007 at 16:47
Any new info on these scope? Anyone? Are they out yet?

ILya
treeshepherd View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote treeshepherd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2007 at 21:34
still no info on these scopes? anybody? 
VINCE IN BONO MALUM
randolphba View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolphba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2007 at 13:47
The Extremes are out in the marketplace and have been since March. They are made in Japan, as are the rest of the Weaver lineup. It is my understanding that due to the design of the the new scope and some of it's features, the Micro-Trac it would not fit in the new system. The illumination has eleven settings and is a very small center dot. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic