OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

scope for fal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scope for fal
    Posted: April/02/2007 at 18:23

I cant decide what scope i want for my FAL. im thinking of a nikon monarch 6x42 nikoplex

I really like the clarity of leupold but I really dont want to fork out that much $$ but i have bought cheap scopes before (bushnell trophy) and had nothing but frustration and i definately dont want that bs again.

the only thing i am worried about on the nikon is clarity (since i have never looked through one) and eye releif (only 3.5")

your opinions are greatly appreciated and one more thing. I want FIXED magnification, i cand stand variables

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2007 at 18:33

http://www.swfa.com/pc-6134-291-ior-6x42-hunting-30mm-rifle- scope.aspx

Here's probably the best fixed 6x around, for the money.

The Monarchs have been updated and I don't think the 6x is an option anymore, unless you can find an older one.

Welcome to The OT!!

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2007 at 18:35
you got probably what amounts to a $3000 fal (and one of the best guns ever made) and you don't want to put a top optic on it??  shame on you
falfreak View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2007 at 19:42

thanks cheap trick, i did not want to spend that much but by the looks of it i think i will get more for my money with your recommendation

do you also think that 3.5" eye releif is enough on a semi-auto like my fal

falfreak View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2007 at 19:57
im starting to think leupold fx-3 6x42 plus its only $379 plus it has 4.5" eye relief

Edited by falfreak
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2007 at 20:11
A 6x42 Leupold is definitely a good choice. I have the Tactical model with the adjustable objective sitting on an airgun for night time varmint shooting and it works great.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic